The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: iron_felix on December 24, 2007, 08:13:45 pm

Title: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop #####
Post by: iron_felix on December 24, 2007, 08:13:45 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242007

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.  I guess it's better than "Strip returns in 2008."

In a way, just getting a rerun in the first place harkens back to old-school Achewood.  When was the last time Onstad did this?  I don't recall any reruns since around when this strip ran the first time.
Title: Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
Post by: AugustWest on December 24, 2007, 09:22:11 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242007

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.  I guess it's better than "Strip returns in 2008."

In a way, just getting a rerun in the first place harkens back to old-school Achewood.  When was the last time Onstad did this?  I don't recall any reruns since around when this strip ran the first time.

This strip is a classic.
Title: Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
Post by: Golfhaus on December 24, 2007, 10:07:48 pm
I dunno... I would much rather see "random pictures from around the city Achewood is made in" than this. Maybe before ohno***** made it so easy to search the archives, reruns were okay. But if I wanted to see this strip, I'd have just searched for "#####/underwear situation."

Where's Cocktail Recipes? I loved him.
Title: Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
Post by: linnea on December 24, 2007, 10:26:37 pm
I'm really happy about the ohnorobot situation, having the search function has simplified my life by so much. I should include the pants situation strip in my Top 25 list.

He's definitely done reruns before...but I can't remember when. Drew and Natalie's strips are updating in their absence, but I would imagine that it is easier for Drew to amass several weeks' advance on Toothpaste For Dinner since almost every one is a one-off, whereas it probably takes a lot more effort to produce a single Achewood strip.
Title: Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
Post by: rabidambulance on December 24, 2007, 10:53:46 pm
This is the strip that introduced "mad rutty" to my lexicon.  A true classic.
Title: Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
Post by: iron_felix on December 24, 2007, 11:10:05 pm
A (probably incomplete) list of previous Achewood rerun strips:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05282003
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05302003
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03022004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04122004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04132004

I also remember him reprinting one of those guides to the underground at some point, but I didn't find it on the first pass through the archives.  I don't think there are any reruns after April '04, which, while it is a more recent vintage than this strip, basically confirms the point I was trying to make that the fact that this is a rerun strip at all is itself a "blast from the past" of sorts, regardless of which strip it was that was rerun.