Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop #####  (Read 1727 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop #####
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:13:45 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242007

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.  I guess it's better than "Strip returns in 2008."

In a way, just getting a rerun in the first place harkens back to old-school Achewood.  When was the last time Onstad did this?  I don't recall any reruns since around when this strip ran the first time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:22:11 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242007

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.  I guess it's better than "Strip returns in 2008."

In a way, just getting a rerun in the first place harkens back to old-school Achewood.  When was the last time Onstad did this?  I don't recall any reruns since around when this strip ran the first time.

This strip is a classic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 10:07:48 pm »

I dunno... I would much rather see "random pictures from around the city Achewood is made in" than this. Maybe before ohno***** made it so easy to search the archives, reruns were okay. But if I wanted to see this strip, I'd have just searched for "#####/underwear situation."

Where's Cocktail Recipes? I loved him.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:37 pm »

I'm really happy about the ohnorobot situation, having the search function has simplified my life by so much. I should include the pants situation strip in my Top 25 list.

He's definitely done reruns before...but I can't remember when. Drew and Natalie's strips are updating in their absence, but I would imagine that it is easier for Drew to amass several weeks' advance on Toothpaste For Dinner since almost every one is a one-off, whereas it probably takes a lot more effort to produce a single Achewood strip.
Logged

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:53:46 pm »

This is the strip that introduced "mad rutty" to my lexicon.  A true classic.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: December 24th, 2007 - Reissue: Little Nephew's Hip-Hop ******
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 11:10:05 pm »

A (probably incomplete) list of previous Achewood rerun strips:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05282003
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05302003
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03022004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04122004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04132004

I also remember him reprinting one of those guides to the underground at some point, but I didn't find it on the first pass through the archives.  I don't think there are any reruns after April '04, which, while it is a more recent vintage than this strip, basically confirms the point I was trying to make that the fact that this is a rerun strip at all is itself a "blast from the past" of sorts, regardless of which strip it was that was rerun.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up