The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Death Ray on December 30, 2007, 09:02:19 pm

Title: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on December 30, 2007, 09:02:19 pm
Nice Pete plot-ted murder/ when hip-hobbit was invented,
A USB knife sliced his brain/ Roast Beef was not offended;
Lyle’s douch-ing in plain view/ left Teodor distressed,
After years of lov-ing ass/ Ray finally took the breast;
Decision-making flowcharts/ gave us peaks inside of brains,
Ray’s un-trusting nature/ earned him Brian Wheat’s disdain;
Gay porn was re-imagined/ to disguise its renter’s taste,
Stoned Lightning was invented/ for ball players without haste;
A pear and garlic did com-bat/ (the artist’s secret scrawling),
Roast-beef proposed to Molly/ Lyle’s puke forestalled our bawling;
The man who gave us Comic Sans/ was fed a meal of curb,
Roastbeef’s career as lolcat /turned him into Gen-Y’s “Herb”;
Phillipe’s birthday was nearly ruined/ by Todd’s cocaine addiction,
The US Courts made Lyle declare/ his anusoid affliction;
Todd became a talk show host/ until his head exploded;
Teo’ watched a tit so long/ his frontal lobe eroded;
A long-lost brother called on Ray/ an unexpected visit,
They reminisced about their dad/ his leaving was exquisite;
The Perky Pervert opened/selling coffee with a twist,
Nolan made an offer/ one that Lyle could not resist;
Potty Mail and Star Wars tats/ then reruns closed the year,
All hail 07’s Achewood strips/ toast 08’s strips with beer!

(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/dancer.gif)
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: side_show on December 30, 2007, 10:34:01 pm
Lovely - this reminds of me of "88 Lines About 44 Women." Welcome to the board Death Ray.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: linnea on December 30, 2007, 11:03:45 pm
That was a pretty awesome rhyme. Welcome!
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 30, 2007, 11:54:33 pm
...I thought I recognized that animated clown from somewhere.

"Deep Fried" is a pretty awesome book, welcome aboard, man.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: side_show on December 31, 2007, 12:06:36 am
Hadn't heard of it until now - just checked out the most recent strip and I gotta say it looks pretty cool.  I do some further reading.

Death Ray, are you the the creator of Deep Fried, or just the sort of fan who advertises for it for free?
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: theinevitable on December 31, 2007, 02:04:24 am
which reminds me-- I don't know if I have previously mentioned my friend Rory's comic (http://www.bootleg*****.com/) which i have not read yet. The sample pages, though... I am a big fan of the art. I am not sure if every single page is so "I just graduated from art school," and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

it weirds me out, because I know this guy, and the character looks really like him. He likes achewood, too.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: linnea on December 31, 2007, 02:21:51 am
which reminds me-- I don't know if I have previously mentioned my friend Rory's comic (http://www.bootleg#####.com/) which i have not read yet. The sample pages, though... I am a big fan of the art. I am not sure if every single page is so "I just graduated from art school," and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

it weirds me out, because I know this guy, and the character looks really like him. He likes achewood, too.

Uh oh, the filters fucked that one right up. Folks, you'll have to hand-type that URL. ***** is really robot.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: theinevitable on December 31, 2007, 02:28:06 am
oh, yes.
it is www.bootleg(automaton).com
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on December 31, 2007, 04:51:05 pm
...I thought I recognized that animated clown from somewhere.

"Deep Fried" is a pretty awesome book, welcome aboard, man.

Thanks all! Glad to be here. This place is like a 12-step program for Achewood grunchers, right?
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on December 31, 2007, 04:53:23 pm
Hadn't heard of it until now - just checked out the most recent strip and I gotta say it looks pretty cool.  I do some further reading.

Death Ray, are you the the creator of Deep Fried, or just the sort of fan who advertises for it for free?

Please read a s much as your brain can swallow. I am Jason Yungbluth, the Creator.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: side_show on December 31, 2007, 06:17:08 pm
Wow, welcome - you've got mad skillz.

Also, yes, this is sort of like a 12 step program, but the reverse - we cause addictions.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: theinevitable on December 31, 2007, 06:37:32 pm
i dig your comic, now that I am reading it.

right now I am giggling at this one (http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2002/12/22/a-christmas-miracle/) because my dear old dad used to issue credit cards for Wachovia.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 31, 2007, 07:36:08 pm
Hi guy,
Your stuff has humor and artistry that reminds me of the mad magazines I used to steal from my uncle when I was years younger. Thanks.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Golfhaus on December 31, 2007, 08:47:49 pm
Needs permalinks to the strips.

</sarcasm>

Will check out the strip later now that others have approved. I need some more stuff to read on the Net, actually.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on December 31, 2007, 11:07:58 pm
Hi guy,
Your stuff has humor and artistry that reminds me of the mad magazines I used to steal from my uncle when I was years younger. Thanks.

I actually cartoon for MAD. My stuff appears roughly once every three issues. Check out my MySpace (http://myspace.com/jasoA-CAPngbluth) for a sample of my purile genius.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: side_show on January 01, 2008, 07:29:33 pm
Umm... I feel like this is a situation where a new kid comes to school, and I think "huh - that kid is new, he's going to have to earn his cred!" Only then I find out his dad is a rock star or something.  We should haze you though, but it's kind of hard to find something sarcastic and witty to say when you dropped in and rocked it out hardcore... 

Scooby Don't is fantastic.  You are rad. 

This raises an interesting point:  how many of us TOUAMB members were fans of MAD?  I set up this poll to find out! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4173.0.html)
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on January 01, 2008, 08:50:30 pm
Umm... I feel like this is a situation where a new kid comes to school, and I think "huh - that kid is new, he's going to have to earn his cred!" Only then I find out his dad is a rock star or something.  We should haze you though, but it's kind of hard to find something sarcastic and witty to say when you dropped in and rocked it out hardcore... 

Scooby Don't is fantastic.  You are rad. 

I would never argue with a cat in a tie.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: side_show on January 01, 2008, 09:05:02 pm
Maybe you have issues like Ray does? (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04292004)
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 01, 2008, 10:28:35 pm
Oh, cool... yeah, I've always been a big fan of the "Deep Fried" stuff... partly because Jason was always at the comic shows I'd go to back East when I was living in the Utica area, with a table in the Indie Alley-type section and was always a cool dude to chat up for four or five minutes.

I'm always a fan of comedy comics that aren't afraid to go as dark as the winter is long and... oh man... one of his recurrent characters, Clarissa, is one of the darkest comedy characters in all of comedy comic books.

Which, y'know, is rad.

Good to have you about the Touamb train, sir.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: smick on January 02, 2008, 04:04:03 am
We should haze you though, but it's kind of hard to find something sarcastic and witty to say when you dropped in and rocked it out hardcore... 

It's taken care of.  I've stolen his underwear.

This is a point in my life that I am certainly conflicted about.
Title: Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
Post by: Death Ray on January 02, 2008, 07:05:58 pm
It's taken care of.  I've stolen his underwear.

I thought my ass felt chilly.