The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on January 02, 2008, 12:50:39 am

Title: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 02, 2008, 12:50:39 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022008

Does Ray put on a hat and scarf and go out delivering copies of the new book he's written every January 2nd (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022007)?
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: Dexter on January 02, 2008, 12:53:24 am
Curses!  Beaten to the punch because I was too busy looking up what book that ISBN actually belonged to (http://www.amazon.com/Year-Eating-Dangerously-Adventure-Culinary/dp/0312373783).
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 02, 2008, 01:09:06 am
A suitable ISBN, to be sure.

Ray don't try, Ray just does.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman
Post by: CortJstr on January 02, 2008, 01:11:14 am
Maybe now Jamiroquai will finally grow into its face
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: linnea on January 02, 2008, 01:13:02 am
Awesome! I didn't even notice the ISBN upon my first reading of this comic, thank you for posting it. I wonder if Onstad just randomly picked that ISBN, or if he got the Eating Dangerously book as a Christmas pressie and decided to put it on Ray's Jamiroquai book.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: wombat on January 02, 2008, 01:43:29 am
You know what I want for my birthday? Victoria's memory.

And I wish I could give Dexter a thousand cans for thinking to look up that ISBN, which is no way a coincidence. I'm sure Onstad got no less than three copies of that book for Christmas.

A roaring start to the New Year, imaginary messageboard people!
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: theinevitable on January 02, 2008, 02:26:27 am
I almost got that book for my mom. Maybe I should have.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: linnea on January 02, 2008, 02:30:23 am
Maybe now Jamiroquai will finally grow into its face

Or the ginormous hat.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: V-Adore on January 02, 2008, 07:18:49 am
"Are You There, God? It's Me, Jamiroquai" absolutely cracked me up. I can't say why.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: oball on January 02, 2008, 03:14:32 pm
Reminds of this Jay Pinkerton bit: Are You There, God? It's Me, Masturbating (http://jaypinkerton.com/are-you-there-god-its-me-masturbating/).

Also, I liked this one, but there was nothing to equal the phrase "You about to get hit in the eyes with some cask-strength gay, brother" from last year's version.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 02, 2008, 04:08:00 pm
Quote from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Masturbating

God gets comfortable on adjoining chair, in a "Let Me Rap Atcha"
kind of pose.
In my dreams of God, he is always getting ready to rap at me.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: theinevitable on January 02, 2008, 04:25:20 pm
two things ruined the illusion for me:
people get naked to jack off?
and:
kids know that there is porn other than on the internet?
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 02, 2008, 05:39:09 pm
If The Great Spirit has an anthropomorphic form and it isn't a sexy lady?

Then it is definitely the Notorious BIG, near the end, when he was so fat that his voice sounded like Darth Vader fuckin' Shaq O'Neal.

All walkin' up to the Pearly Gates, all explain' my case to The Big One and The Big One is all:

"That's real, yo... *laboured breath*... like my man Puff say... *laboured breath*... more money you make, more problems you get and jealousy and greed, they just come with the territory like... *laboured breath*... like my man Puff say."

And that's when I'd know its okay.

Biggie Smalls is in charge and as I've never been involved in a gangland shooting, I'm definitely in.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman
Post by: robot_god on January 02, 2008, 06:13:43 pm
Biggie Smalls is in charge and as I've never been involved in a gangland shooting, I'm definitely in.

Ain't no heaven for a gangsta.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: colmore on January 02, 2008, 08:04:29 pm
You have to love a comic that has reached such a point in its sense of self as to get regular humor out of several of the characters' side careers in literature.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: theinevitable on January 02, 2008, 08:22:59 pm
my roommate last year had a BIG poster. Several times that year, I JUMPED out of bed because I halfway opened my eyes and saw a fat black man in a fedora looking back at me.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: CortJstr on January 02, 2008, 09:43:28 pm
my roommate last year had a BIG poster. Several times that year, I JUMPED out of bed because I halfway opened my eyes and saw a fat black man in a fedora Tom Hanks dancing on a giant keyboard looking back at me.

Fixed that for you.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: Golfhaus on January 02, 2008, 10:50:11 pm
my roommate last year had a BIG poster. Several times that year, I JUMPED out of bed because I halfway opened my eyes and saw a fat black man in a fedora Tom Hanks dancing on a giant keyboard looking back at me.

Fixed that for you.

Can'd that for you.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: pmcd9 on January 03, 2008, 02:43:30 pm
cort jester'd that for you (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/25225/Tom_Hanks_Big.html).
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 05:50:28 pm
two things ruined the illusion for me:
people get naked to jack off?

People don't? 
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: smick on January 03, 2008, 05:57:54 pm
People don't? 

It's kind of hard to do that in an office setting.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: Formica on January 03, 2008, 06:20:21 pm
People don't? 

Well, there's a lot of factors involved. Depending on one's undergarments, you may or may not have a constriction scenario in which one's ejaculate might be impeded, which indicates at least some clothing removal to be sure. However with reasonably loose boxers and the proper angle, for example, this scenario can be avoided.

Moreover, cleanup can be dependent on the availability of clothing; either as a target/landing area for the ejaculate, or for post-onanism (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08022004) removal.

And while a coital event often dictates complete clothing removal as part of the ritual, masturbation (while no less ritualistic) does not generally command the same respect, i.e. one gets naked for another as a display of intimacy/vulnerability, whereas in the act of self-love there is no need to shed one's garments to convey anything.

And let us not forget the simple factor of laziness.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: theinevitable on January 03, 2008, 07:51:13 pm
in retrospect, I don't completely know what my thought process was there. It was more the image of someone seeing some porn and immediately dropping their #####.

also: formica: wow! 187 Posts!
it is really strange, considering how often I check someone's title (almost never) that "Wow, 187 Posts!" is so commonly what I see.
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 09:32:08 pm
Well, there's a lot of factors involved. Depending on one's undergarments, you may or may not have a constriction scenario in which one's ejaculate might be impeded, which indicates at least some clothing removal to be sure. However with reasonably loose boxers and the proper angle, for example, this scenario can be avoided.

Moreover, cleanup can be dependent on the availability of clothing; either as a target/landing area for the ejaculate, or for post-onanism (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08022004) removal.

And while a coital event often dictates complete clothing removal as part of the ritual, masturbation (while no less ritualistic) does not generally command the same respect, i.e. one gets naked for another as a display of intimacy/vulnerability, whereas in the act of self-love there is no need to shed one's garments to convey anything.

And let us not forget the simple factor of laziness.


Wow, it must be really different not to be female. 

That is basically my reaction to that.  I mean...there is nothing in that post that I can relate to. 
Title: Re: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a wom
Post by: jaydub on January 03, 2008, 09:41:09 pm
Wow, it must be really different not to be female. 

That is basically my reaction to that.  I mean...there is nothing in that post that I can relate to. 

This is one of those great yin-yang things.  For males - everything's at hand, so to speak, but there's a mess to take care of.  For women, its all tucked away and takes some doing to get access, but once you've gotten there, its a matter of washing your hands (or not).