The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on January 16, 2008, 08:28:49 am

Title: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 16, 2008, 08:28:49 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01162008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01162008)

I'm pretty sure that there was neither Teodor nor Microsoft in 1953 so I'm confused by this strip.

Dust ruffles is a nice idea for office morale, though, definitely.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Doc on January 16, 2008, 09:09:30 am
Messed up dream wednesday?
Anyone else immediately notice the Vlad loses his chin along with his noise? Weird.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: V-Adore on January 16, 2008, 09:41:11 am
This is straight-up Messed-Up-Dream Country, right here. Hasn't Teodor had a dream before about being in awkward corporate situations? (I would CortJstr this, but the search seems to be down.)
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Doc on January 16, 2008, 09:49:06 am
Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: linnea on January 16, 2008, 12:20:15 pm
I'm sure there's significance re: the baseball-stitching around the "Million Story Building" but I have no clue what it is. Is it referencing a famous movie or something?

Also, I love, "Shut UP, stupid fridge! You are appliance, NOT friend!" Way to crush a guy's dream, Vlad.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: CortJstr on January 16, 2008, 02:55:28 pm
Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.

Correct (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042006).

Huh. Where you saw baseball stitching I saw a staircase.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 16, 2008, 04:57:36 pm
Hell with stainless steel or water/ice dispensers: If I could find a fridge that said "ICE KING" across the freezer door, that mother would be in my kitchen as fast as Home Depot could deliver it.  You don't get appliance branding of that quality anymore.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: AugustWest on January 16, 2008, 05:26:49 pm
Schwhaaaa?
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: linnea on January 16, 2008, 06:44:05 pm
Correct (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042006).

Huh. Where you saw baseball stitching I saw a staircase.

Aw jeez. That's what I get for posting while sick, sleep-deprived, and addled. Of course it's a staircase. Yikes.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: jaydub on January 16, 2008, 07:14:34 pm
Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.
Correct (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042006).
Maybe the little globe with a dotted line between Achewood(?) and Hawaii is a reference to that strip.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Enkidu on January 16, 2008, 08:10:09 pm
The building is straight, but the shadow is curved.  Awesome.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Golfhaus on January 17, 2008, 01:17:16 am
I thought it was baseball stitching too.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2008, 04:12:22 am
The building is straight, but the shadow is curved.  Awesome.

That I believe is a bridge to Hawaii.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: colmore on January 19, 2008, 05:38:01 am
Isn't it the million story tower real tall on the world?
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: pmcd9 on January 23, 2008, 12:28:32 pm
Isn't it the million story tower real tall on the world?

Nah, that's about how tall I imagine a million story building would be.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Drastic Action on January 24, 2008, 02:44:22 am
I am 97% certain it is simply the shadow of the building.  It originates from the base of the building!  And why would they build a bridge to Hawaii from Canada?
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 24, 2008, 03:28:06 am
I think that's the shadow, too. Once the world builds a million story building, it would obviously not have the resources to build such a bridge.

Unless you built the building due East of Hawaii and fixed it so it would lay down like a drawbridge.

Then, Maybe.
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: jaydub on January 24, 2008, 05:57:02 am
Someone alert Mythbusters
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 24, 2008, 01:10:58 pm
IDK, I saw a thing on the discovery channel about how Science wants to build a space elevator with carbon nano-tubes or something (this is not my field).
Title: Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
Post by: colmore on January 24, 2008, 05:07:23 pm
The Discovery channel isn't so much "science" these days as it is weddings, home-improvement, and some stuff some guy once heard about science.

Remember when they had a smaller budget, no audience, and just reran great 1970s and BBC documentaries?  Early 90s cable was a lot better than we appreciated at the time.  I seriously miss all the reruns.  Too much success ruins everything.  Eat it, capitalists.