Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."  (Read 3825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:28:49 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01162008

I'm pretty sure that there was neither Teodor nor Microsoft in 1953 so I'm confused by this strip.

Dust ruffles is a nice idea for office morale, though, definitely.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 09:09:30 am »

Messed up dream wednesday?
Anyone else immediately notice the Vlad loses his chin along with his noise? Weird.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:41:11 am »

This is straight-up Messed-Up-Dream Country, right here. Hasn't Teodor had a dream before about being in awkward corporate situations? (I would CortJstr this, but the search seems to be down.)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:49:06 am »

Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:20:15 pm »

I'm sure there's significance re: the baseball-stitching around the "Million Story Building" but I have no clue what it is. Is it referencing a famous movie or something?

Also, I love, "Shut UP, stupid fridge! You are appliance, NOT friend!" Way to crush a guy's dream, Vlad.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 02:55:28 pm »

Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.

Correct.

Huh. Where you saw baseball stitching I saw a staircase.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 04:57:36 pm »

Hell with stainless steel or water/ice dispensers: If I could find a fridge that said "ICE KING" across the freezer door, that mother would be in my kitchen as fast as Home Depot could deliver it.  You don't get appliance branding of that quality anymore.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 05:26:49 pm »

Schwhaaaa?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 06:44:05 pm »

Correct.

Huh. Where you saw baseball stitching I saw a staircase.

Aw jeez. That's what I get for posting while sick, sleep-deprived, and addled. Of course it's a staircase. Yikes.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:14:34 pm »

Yeah, the one where his name is Wade his prospective boss thinks he gay so he takes off his mouth.
Correct.
Maybe the little globe with a dotted line between Achewood(?) and Hawaii is a reference to that strip.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 08:10:09 pm »

The building is straight, but the shadow is curved.  Awesome.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 01:17:16 am »

I thought it was baseball stitching too.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 04:12:22 am »

The building is straight, but the shadow is curved.  Awesome.

That I believe is a bridge to Hawaii.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 05:38:01 am »

Isn't it the million story tower real tall on the world?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »

Isn't it the million story tower real tall on the world?

Nah, that's about how tall I imagine a million story building would be.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up