The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on January 22, 2008, 11:18:20 pm
-
Damn... if you had him in your office Death Pool, you probably earned at least 45-1. I mean, dude wasn't Abe Vigoda or Britney Spears.
I don't know or care much about the dude, but it seems like an early exit for a guy who had a chance to do some more stuff. Mrs. Haus said "I feel like calling someone, but I don't know who, or why."
-
Dude was in some pretty good movies, dude was in some not good movies, but he seemed a good dude overall. Sorry to see him go.
-
Dead, naked, face-down, in an apartment owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.
What.
-
in an apartment owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.
I find this newsworthy.
When the headline popped up on my RSS, I assumed it was something from The Onion. No way did I think this guy lived so close to the edge. Not that I knew him or anything - and I'm also the (perhaps only) guy who was surprised when River Phoenix OD'd.
-
I did not hear the part about "owned by Mary-Kate" though. That is... wild.
I have to admit, though, that when famous people die young... and the dude was my age, I believe... there is a certain extent to which I am humbled about my whole "why have I not accomplished anything yet?" thing.
Like... "well, you could have accomplished your stuff and be dead too young, which is better?"
It is awful that a fairly talented actor is dead very young, of course, but I do not think it's necessarily wrong to step back and try to gain a little perspective from the dude's passing. Get something positive out of it, anyway.
-
Get . . . the . . . fuck . . . out. I did not see that coming.
The story I saw says it was his own apartment.
-
After a little digging, it seems that it was Olsen's apartment only in that she owned the building or the company that owned the building? It is very unclear.
There's all kinds of speculation after a famous person dies, especially after the legitimate news cycle has shut down for the day and we are left with local 11 oclock news and talk radio and the internet and so on.
-
So, I guess if the Oscars end up being a go this year, we'll probably get all the Heath Ledger tributes we can stomach. Not saying he was a bad dude, but there are more important things.
-
So, I guess if the Oscars end up being a go this year, we'll probably get all the Heath Ledger tributes we can stomach. Not saying he was a bad dude, but there are more important things.
If we only focused on more important things, I wouldn't know any of you.
-
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix.
I saw his body thrashing round.
I saw his pulse rate going down.
I saw him in convulsive throes.
I said "I'll have one of those."
Hillary had,
Hillary had,
Hillary had it in his veins.
Hillary had Everest in his veins;
Armstrong did moon, was not the same;
Heroes explore to give us hope;
River pushed back the envelope.
Drank the slab,
Drank the slab,
Drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk.
I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk;
I injected some of Hendrix's junk;
I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane;
Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same.
Now I'm bored,
Now I'm bored,
Now I'm bored there's no stopping.
Now I'm bored and there's no stopping;
I need another celeb to fill a coffin;
Where'll I get my next drug action?
Odds on it'll be Michael Jackson.
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix.
More Song Lyrics! Only these I just found on wikipedia and thought they were funny.
-
the first time I read that, I was thinking of River Tam, and was like "no, wasn't she genetically modified or some shit? was it drugs? damn, I need to watch that movie again, it was pretty good."
-
I thought this topic was about keeping track of how many chocolate covered toffee bars one has.
-
Careful AW, you're stepping on Wombat's lines.
-
Damn, that is some random shit. I just saw No Country for Old Men last night and I found out after watching it that he took the main role but then turned it down because he needed time off or some such.
Is it wrong of me that I'm wondering if this will affect future batman movies?
Might have to go watch Ten Things I hate about you tonight or some such, I loved that movie when I was about 15.
-
Brokeback, man.
Actually, given how that movie turns out, that might be some rough chuckles.
-
Dude, there are already some supremely unright rough chuckles rolling around the internet about the guy's death and his most famous role being that of a gay fellow. They are pretty much unspeakably bad but suffice to say that they involve diseases that were once thought to have been only in the gay male population.
Yeah. There are a lot of people going around the internet trying to pass off their hatred of people as simple rough chuckles and it is pretty sad.
-
Got to hand it to the guy, it takes some balls to mack on another guy for the camera. If that doesn't usually float your boat, that is.
-
Dude, there are already some supremely unright rough chuckles rolling around the internet about the guy's death and his most famous role being that of a gay fellow. They are pretty much unspeakably bad but suffice to say that they involve diseases that were once thought to have been only in the gay male population.
Yeah. There are a lot of people going around the internet trying to pass off their hatred of people as simple rough chuckles and it is pretty sad.
I just meant because the movie is sad.
-
Yeah, I know you did... that's what any sane person would mean.
The internet is defined by crazy people being the loudest here, I think.
-
Careful AW, you're stepping on Wombat's lines.
Nah. I was nowhere near coming up with such a clever way of mentioning that I barely had any idea who this guy is.
Although I do know who Mary Kate Olsen is. This seems wrong.
-
The Olsen connection keeps changing, now she just... lived nearby, in the same building. For all we know at this point, some dude just made it up outta rough chuckles at the beginning and it stuck with as serious.
-
Damn.
Our friend (drug addict, lesbian, schizophrenic) considers us like her surrogate parents (though she is 10 years older than us) and she says our couplehood is like the happy times in Brokeback Mountain and that I am the Heath Ledger character in this relationship. It's sort of hard to explain, but I sort of got what she was getting at, in that there is a personal aesthetic of not needing much, of making due. It sort of helped me understand the role she needs me to fill in her life too. It's odd that I'm sad, just a little bit. I guess metaphorically a tiny little part of me died today. how odd.
Also a house across the street is on fire and it's -28 F out tonight. The house is going down and the fighters are just keeping it from moving on the the other houses. News crews are here, anchor ladies in pretty coats wait in idling cars for the right shot. I don't know what to do but watch. Strange days.
-
Also a house across the street is on fire and it's -28 F out tonight. The house is going down and the fighters are just keeping it from moving on the the other houses. News crews are here, anchor ladies in pretty coats wait in idling cars for the right shot.
Joe Buck will probably show up, state that its -40F with the wind chill, and find a city in Siberia with a comparable situation.
-
One of my good friends from Small Times told me this today while we were watching the Avs lose to the damn Nashville (Sexual) Predators. I was dumbfounded. I ain't read Perez Hilton today so I guess I'm behind on the news.
He was a great actor, and I'm sad that Mr. Ledger is dead.
-
Joe Buck will probably show up, state that its -40F with the wind chill, and find a city in Siberia with a comparable situation.
Update 4 hours later and the firemen are still here. I saw them run out of wherever they were, saw the whole roof go up. Saw them slowly move back in, back out with another major gust that turned the whole roof orange and glowing. The whole front second floor is a hole. I'm willing to bet the street is a skating rink now.
On topic: I have been looking forward to the new Batman that Ledger played the Joker for. It looks pretty descent - I like the angle they took on the Joker character with this one. Seems interesting.
-
Really cold day winter fires make for interesting ice pictures the next day.
Just more proof that money can buy death but not happiness. It's unfortunate that so many really successful people have such demons. I'm so busy trying to gather the shards of my life into one pile so's I can make some lame attempt to fix it that even if I wanted to do drugs, I would have no time.
I did like some of his movies, and I did see a trailer for Dark Knight today, it looked pretty good but damn that "Ironman" movie looks like fun too.
I saw "I am Legend" today and due to the frail, raw state of my psyche, which is shredding between my family leaving for Ohio and my dad being diagnosed with brain cancer right around Christmas, parts of it made me profoundly sad which is odd for me.
I got minor depression but that don't stop the show.
Remember what all the video games said in the 90's: "WINNER'S DON'T USE DRUGS"
-
Ooh, you gotta take pictures, smells.
AD, imaginary internet peoples are rootin' for ya. Don't hesitate drop in when you can. You been kinda scarce lately (understandably).
-
Yeah AD, sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your (screen)name.