Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Heath Ledger is dead!  (Read 6244 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Heath Ledger is dead!
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:20 pm »

Damn... if you had him in your office Death Pool, you probably earned at least 45-1. I mean, dude wasn't Abe Vigoda or Britney Spears.

I don't know or care much about the dude, but it seems like an early exit for a guy who had a chance to do some more stuff. Mrs. Haus said "I feel like calling someone, but I don't know who, or why."
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:07 pm »

Dude was in some pretty good movies, dude was in some not good movies, but he seemed a good dude overall. Sorry to see him go.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:41:36 pm »

Dead, naked, face-down, in an apartment owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.

What.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:47:37 pm »

in an apartment owned by Mary-Kate Olsen.

I find this newsworthy.

When the headline popped up on my RSS, I assumed it was something from The Onion.  No way did I think this guy lived so close to the edge.  Not that I knew him or anything - and I'm also the (perhaps only) guy who was surprised when River Phoenix OD'd.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:51:44 pm »

I did not hear the part about "owned by Mary-Kate" though. That is... wild.

I have to admit, though, that when famous people die young... and the dude was my age, I believe... there is a certain extent to which I am humbled about my whole "why have I not accomplished anything yet?" thing.

Like... "well, you could have accomplished your stuff and be dead too young, which is better?"

It is awful that a fairly talented actor is dead very young, of course, but I do not think it's necessarily wrong to step back and try to gain a little perspective from the dude's passing. Get something positive out of it, anyway.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:53 am »

Get . . . the . . . fuck . . . out. I did not see that coming.

The story I saw says it was his own apartment.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:19:37 am »

After a little digging, it seems that it was Olsen's apartment only in that she owned the building or the company that owned the building? It is very unclear.

There's all kinds of speculation after a famous person dies, especially after the legitimate news cycle has shut down for the day and we are left with local 11 oclock news and talk radio and the internet and so on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 12:24:15 am »

So, I guess if the Oscars end up being a go this year, we'll probably get all the Heath Ledger tributes we can stomach. Not saying he was a bad dude, but there are more important things.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:36 am »

So, I guess if the Oscars end up being a go this year, we'll probably get all the Heath Ledger tributes we can stomach. Not saying he was a bad dude, but there are more important things.

If we only focused on more important things, I wouldn't know any of you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 12:40:19 am »

I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix.

I saw his body thrashing round.
I saw his pulse rate going down.
I saw him in convulsive throes.
I said "I'll have one of those."

Hillary had,
Hillary had,
Hillary had it in his veins. 

Hillary had Everest in his veins;
Armstrong did moon, was not the same;
Heroes explore to give us hope;
River pushed back the envelope.

Drank the slab,
Drank the slab,
Drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk.

I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk;
I injected some of Hendrix's junk;
I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane;
Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same.

Now I'm bored,
Now I'm bored,
Now I'm bored there's no stopping.

Now I'm bored and there's no stopping;
I need another celeb to fill a coffin;
Where'll I get my next drug action?
Odds on it'll be Michael Jackson.

I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix. 



More Song Lyrics!  Only these I just found on wikipedia and thought they were funny.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:53:34 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 12:46:17 am »

the first time I read that, I was thinking of River Tam, and was like "no, wasn't she genetically modified or some shit? was it drugs? damn, I need to watch that movie again, it was pretty good."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:58 am »

I thought this topic was about keeping track of how many chocolate covered toffee bars one has.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54:49 am »

Careful AW, you're stepping on Wombat's lines.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 01:14:19 am »

Damn, that is some random shit. I just saw No Country for Old Men last night and I found out after watching it that he took the main role but then turned it down because he needed time off or some such.

Is it wrong of me that I'm wondering if this will affect future batman movies?

Might have to go watch Ten Things I hate about you tonight or some such, I loved that movie when I was about 15.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 01:15:25 am »

Brokeback, man.

Actually, given how that movie turns out, that might be some rough chuckles.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up