The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on February 01, 2008, 05:51:11 pm

Title: Valentine's Day
Post by: linnea on February 01, 2008, 05:51:11 pm
I normally hate Hallmark Holidays. But I just found out that Natalie Dee (http://subversivecrossstitch.com/valentines2008.htm) is making some badass DIY subversive cross-stitch Valentines. http://subversivecrossstitch.com/valentines2008.htm

Any other contributions to the roundtable conversation on the topic of Valentine's Day?
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 01, 2008, 06:06:34 pm
Valentines day just an excuse to pick a good man's pocket every February under threat of Sex Withholding or looking like a prick.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2008, 06:10:42 pm
Any holiday that is an excuse to buy chocolate is OK with me.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: theinevitable on February 01, 2008, 06:18:21 pm
i am pretty OK with Valentine's day. Last year on Valentine's day I realized that I desperately needed to break up with the girl I was dating. I broke up with her a week later, and the next day started smooching with the girl I dated for 2 months after that. oops. before that, a year where I gave my girlfriend a pin and she blatantly told me that she hated it so I took it back, and a year where I gave her a copy of a book I love and she baked me cookies.

maybe I won't like it any more when I'm in a relationship where it's assumed I have money. But that probably isn't happening any time soon, for me.

last year I gave my then-girlfriend a cool poster (http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/376615.1010.a.jpg) and a copy of my favorite CD. It made me feel guilty how much she liked it, since I was about to break up with her. Um.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: V-Adore on February 01, 2008, 07:03:48 pm
My agenda is basically "brood moodily on the extremely low chances that I will ever find another boyfriend, but don't do it in public because there's nothing worse than a brooding single person on Valentine's Day."
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2008, 07:09:58 pm
V. your problem is that you're forgetting the part where you buy chocolate.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: Golfhaus on February 02, 2008, 01:24:35 am
When I'm single, Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday. Now that I'm married, it's my 2nd least favorite. I'm with A-CAP, it's just an invented reason for me to prove I love someone by spending money I don't have.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: smick on February 02, 2008, 03:06:32 am
It's an excuse to be nice to someone. 

Go to your ladyfriend, put a folded up piece of paper under her pillow, that after she undoes all of the intricate folding, she finds the following:

Will you be my girlfriend: []Yes []No

She'll think it's awesome, and you will have defeated Hallmark.

Of course, even more sublime is sending telephonic messages to your loved ones expressing to them how awesome they are, on days OTHER than Valentine's Day.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 02, 2008, 03:13:06 am
It's an excuse to be nice to someone. 

Go to your ladyfriend, put a folded up piece of paper under her pillow, that after she undoes all of the intricate folding, she finds the following:

Will you be my girlfriend: []Yes []No

She'll think it's awesome, and you will have defeated Hallmark.

Of course, even more sublime is sending telephonic messages to your loved ones expressing to them how awesome they are, on days OTHER than Valentine's Day.

What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: jay-ell on February 02, 2008, 03:30:24 am
What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?

sometimes i think i love you, ACAP.
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: smick on February 02, 2008, 04:23:41 am
What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?

This is a dangerous gambit.

Be sure that your face shows that you're not only not liking it as much, but maybe you're a little bored and distracted.

Like this:
(http://www.apeculture.com/images/boredhf.jpg)
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: jaydub on February 02, 2008, 05:48:33 am
Or this:(http://touamb.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=481;type=avatar)
Title: Re: Valentine's Day
Post by: wombat on February 18, 2008, 06:34:43 pm
Now maybe he'll get hit by a fuck*ng bus and we'll own his last work and the value will bump up.

Now that's the Ash we know and love. You had me worried for a minute there.