Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 3366 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Valentine's Day
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:51:11 pm »

I normally hate Hallmark Holidays. But I just found out that Natalie Dee is making some badass DIY subversive cross-stitch Valentines. http://subversivecrossstitch.com/valentines2008.htm

Any other contributions to the roundtable conversation on the topic of Valentine's Day?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »

Valentines day just an excuse to pick a good man's pocket every February under threat of Sex Withholding or looking like a prick.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 06:10:42 pm »

Any holiday that is an excuse to buy chocolate is OK with me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 06:18:21 pm »

i am pretty OK with Valentine's day. Last year on Valentine's day I realized that I desperately needed to break up with the girl I was dating. I broke up with her a week later, and the next day started smooching with the girl I dated for 2 months after that. oops. before that, a year where I gave my girlfriend a pin and she blatantly told me that she hated it so I took it back, and a year where I gave her a copy of a book I love and she baked me cookies.

maybe I won't like it any more when I'm in a relationship where it's assumed I have money. But that probably isn't happening any time soon, for me.

last year I gave my then-girlfriend a cool poster and a copy of my favorite CD. It made me feel guilty how much she liked it, since I was about to break up with her. Um.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:03:48 pm »

My agenda is basically "brood moodily on the extremely low chances that I will ever find another boyfriend, but don't do it in public because there's nothing worse than a brooding single person on Valentine's Day."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 07:09:58 pm »

V. your problem is that you're forgetting the part where you buy chocolate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 01:24:35 am »

When I'm single, Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday. Now that I'm married, it's my 2nd least favorite. I'm with A-CAP, it's just an invented reason for me to prove I love someone by spending money I don't have.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 03:06:32 am »

It's an excuse to be nice to someone. 

Go to your ladyfriend, put a folded up piece of paper under her pillow, that after she undoes all of the intricate folding, she finds the following:

Will you be my girlfriend: []Yes []No

She'll think it's awesome, and you will have defeated Hallmark.

Of course, even more sublime is sending telephonic messages to your loved ones expressing to them how awesome they are, on days OTHER than Valentine's Day.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 03:13:06 am »

It's an excuse to be nice to someone. 

Go to your ladyfriend, put a folded up piece of paper under her pillow, that after she undoes all of the intricate folding, she finds the following:

Will you be my girlfriend: []Yes []No

She'll think it's awesome, and you will have defeated Hallmark.

Of course, even more sublime is sending telephonic messages to your loved ones expressing to them how awesome they are, on days OTHER than Valentine's Day.

What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 03:30:24 am »

What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?

sometimes i think i love you, ACAP.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 04:23:41 am »

What about a nude photo portfolio of me with ex girlfriends, containing pictures showing that I enjoyed sex with them less than sex with her. That would work, right?

This is a dangerous gambit.

Be sure that your face shows that you're not only not liking it as much, but maybe you're a little bored and distracted.

Like this:
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 05:48:33 am »

Or this:
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 06:34:43 pm »

Now maybe he'll get hit by a fuck*ng bus and we'll own his last work and the value will bump up.

Now that's the Ash we know and love. You had me worried for a minute there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up