The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on February 06, 2008, 01:31:46 pm

Title: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: AugustWest on February 06, 2008, 01:31:46 pm
Ray's all showin' off his barbs to the pedicurist who runs and hides in humiliation.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2008, 01:56:33 pm
I'm surprised he hasn't yet come up with a nickname for the girl that he doesn't realize is horribly offensive. Besides, aren't manicures and whatnot actually painful? Or have sitcoms lied to me? Again.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: lprkn on February 06, 2008, 02:40:04 pm
"...your wrong old tumescence." - That made me laugh out loud. As well as the Don't Step on the Baby Ants Dance.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2008, 03:06:58 pm
I'm surprised he hasn't yet come up with a nickname for the girl that he doesn't realize is horribly offensive. Besides, aren't manicures and whatnot actually painful? Or have sitcoms lied to me? Again.

If they're painful, you need to find a new manicurist. 

Do sitcoms really lie about this?  This seems like a silly thing to lie about, given that I would think most women would know otherwise. 
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2008, 03:32:04 pm
If they're painful, you need to find a new manicurist. 

Do sitcoms really lie about this?  This seems like a silly thing to lie about, given that I would think most women would know otherwise. 

The joke is generally along the lines of a guy who normal cares for his finger and toenails with his teeth for some reason gets a manicure. And the salon ends up having to work on his cuticles with like a chisel or angle grinder. Picture this happening to Al Bundy.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 06, 2008, 04:27:34 pm
I admit that I had a mani/pedi (http://www.flickr.com/photos/55902818@N00/2094325706/in/set-72157603385775037/) for the first time in November.  I was in India, see, and because of the exchange rate, a mixup involving the caste system and a complicated order at a tea shop I found myself plopped down in a salon with my feet soaking in a tub of hot water and my fingertips dipped daintily in little bowls.

People in India generally have rough feet, and I was alarmed to learn that it's normal for your pedicurist to break out an Exacto-looking scalpel to shave off the nastiest of bits.  My guy (no embarrassed lady for me, alas) picked up my foot, picked up the scalpel, felt my baby-smooth American heel, and put the blade back down.  I wouldn't need the rough stuff.

The whole thing caused no pain at all, even when I had someone else cutting my toenails.  It was ticklish as hell, though, particularly when they took a brush to the bottom of my arches.

I came away feeling like a dandy fop, all with my socks and closed-toe shoes.  I tipped pretty well, considering the whole thing cost me about $12.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: theinevitable on February 06, 2008, 05:44:00 pm
goddamn, Ray is not loved by these Vietnamese women. This is embarassing enough for me that... I can only hope Ray never learns that he is That Pervert.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: wombat on February 06, 2008, 06:40:44 pm
I can only hope Ray never learns that he is That Pervert.

I dunno. I think maybe someone ought to break it to him. This is really kind of creepy.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: colmore on February 07, 2008, 07:37:30 pm
When was the last time Ray crossed the line this thoroughly?  Like, I think this kind of thing can get the cops called on you.  Isn't flaunting a visible erection grounds for sexual harassment?  It should be.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: jaydub on February 07, 2008, 08:08:28 pm
I wonder if going commando would indicate premeditation, thereby enhancing the crime.  Also: wearing gabardine trousers.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 07, 2008, 08:46:52 pm
I enjoy that Beef and I share the trait of communicating in "Back to the Future" analogies whenever possible.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: Golfhaus on February 13, 2008, 02:11:26 pm
I humbly disagree with Mr. Orezscu about watching women play tennis. Watching women play tennis is a beautiful thing. Beautiful, I say.

Unless by "for the first time," he means the first time these particular women play tennis, not the first time of watching women play tennis. I can kinda sorta see that, but still, I'll take it over, say, women playing basketball.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: lprkn on February 13, 2008, 04:16:32 pm
Whatever your opinion on women playing tennis for the first time, the analogy to Stallone making a sandwich was beautiful.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 03:52:50 am
I love how the most offensive things Teodor can think of are not in any way offensive to anyone.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2008, 01:40:21 pm
That really is why men like to watch collisions on television, isn't it? I never thought of it before.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: CortJstr on February 20, 2008, 02:02:23 pm
Is Ray being the center of two blog posts today a follow up joke to the recent Achewood generator or just a happy accident?

I am extremely sensitive to things that are hell of ass. It's like a condition. I have to take special pills for it before ingesting anything that's hell of ass. I'm the same way with lactose.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: colmore on February 21, 2008, 12:48:43 am
Cornelius' second truth serum blog is probably my favorite blog post ever.  And I'm not restricting this statement to blogs written by made up cartoon cats and their friends.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 21, 2008, 12:50:09 am
I know not everyone digs Molly, but c'mon, how can  you not like a girl who says "he's super-sensitive to things that are hell of ass?"
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: jaydub on February 21, 2008, 01:21:17 am
The more I read Lyle's blogs - the more I wonder if it takes actual effort to make them look incomprehensible while still retaining a thread of sense, or whether Onstad just huffs a bunch of oven cleaner and hammers at the keyboard while wearing mittens.
Title: Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
Post by: wombat on February 28, 2008, 06:21:34 pm
This is not the first time he's promised us a second cookbook. Don't think I've forgotten, Onstad.