The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 08, 2008, 01:16:48 pm

Title: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 08, 2008, 01:16:48 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02082008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02082008)

The evolution of female underwear from pillowcase to butt floss was a natural one.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: CortJstr on February 08, 2008, 01:46:39 pm
Real question: are Harlequin books often about May-December pairings like this? I wouldn't think that their target demo would be all that into something like that.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: wombat on February 08, 2008, 01:53:39 pm
Poor T. No wonder he has trouble with women.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: chuanoplast on February 08, 2008, 01:57:27 pm
Alt-text should include "and fathers with daughters".
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: LCB on February 08, 2008, 03:51:53 pm
First "Mr. Bear writing a romance novel" strip in awhile and it's not good, it's great!

Though the romance novel world's been a lot more specialized for awhile. I don't know about May-Decemeber relationship/organic food themed books, but all sorts of themes are out there. Though the men/women of action themed books seem popular.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 08, 2008, 04:28:39 pm
Well, there is definitely something in those stories about a woman in a bad or boring situation being swept off her feet by a rich dude and... basically... the only way for a dude to be rich if he wasn't born that way, by the logic of people who'd buy organic food, is if he spent fifty years of his life cheating and scraping for it.

Also: the talking teddy bear is theorhetically old and writing from an exaggeration of his own perspective.

Also also: I basically agree with organic food eaters on that point.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: theinevitable on February 08, 2008, 06:31:32 pm
man. If any of the women I worked with when I worked at the supermarket wore thongs, they were thongs I would have been really unhappy to see. The girls at Harris Teeter, though? Ho-ly shit.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: V-Adore on February 08, 2008, 06:47:22 pm
Great strip. I don't even want to think about the "medical underwear" idea, honestly, but it's there in my mind, waiting to strike.

(For the record, I am down with pillowcase underwear. Ever since the breakup, I have been slowly phasing back into concealing cotton under#####, because they are comfortable.)
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 08, 2008, 08:01:13 pm
Oh yeah, you got to go local.  That is so much more important, unless that shit came to you from an organic truck/boat/plane.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: Ben-San on February 08, 2008, 08:22:48 pm
Oh yeah, you got to go local.  That is so much more important, unless that shit came to you from an organic truck/boat/plane.

Levitated from our organic farms straight to you along naturally-imposed ley lines under the earth's surface, supported in midair by moral superiority and propelled by a vague sense of smug satisfaction.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: theinevitable on February 08, 2008, 08:37:24 pm
but... if I can't have unearned smug satisfaction, how will I ever feel good about my life?
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: CortJstr on February 08, 2008, 08:54:38 pm
but... if I can't have unearned smug satisfaction, how will I ever feel good about my life?

Drugs. Lots of drugs. And blowjobs.
Title: Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 08, 2008, 10:10:17 pm
That guy knows what he is talking about.