Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.  (Read 3121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:16:48 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02082008

The evolution of female underwear from pillowcase to butt floss was a natural one.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:46:39 pm »

Real question: are Harlequin books often about May-December pairings like this? I wouldn't think that their target demo would be all that into something like that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:53:39 pm »

Poor T. No wonder he has trouble with women.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 01:57:27 pm »

Alt-text should include "and fathers with daughters".
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:51:53 pm »

First "Mr. Bear writing a romance novel" strip in awhile and it's not good, it's great!

Though the romance novel world's been a lot more specialized for awhile. I don't know about May-Decemeber relationship/organic food themed books, but all sorts of themes are out there. Though the men/women of action themed books seem popular.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:28:39 pm »

Well, there is definitely something in those stories about a woman in a bad or boring situation being swept off her feet by a rich dude and... basically... the only way for a dude to be rich if he wasn't born that way, by the logic of people who'd buy organic food, is if he spent fifty years of his life cheating and scraping for it.

Also: the talking teddy bear is theorhetically old and writing from an exaggeration of his own perspective.

Also also: I basically agree with organic food eaters on that point.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:31:32 pm »

man. If any of the women I worked with when I worked at the supermarket wore thongs, they were thongs I would have been really unhappy to see. The girls at Harris Teeter, though? Ho-ly shit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »

Great strip. I don't even want to think about the "medical underwear" idea, honestly, but it's there in my mind, waiting to strike.

(For the record, I am down with pillowcase underwear. Ever since the breakup, I have been slowly phasing back into concealing cotton under#####, because they are comfortable.)
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:01:13 pm »

Oh yeah, you got to go local.  That is so much more important, unless that shit came to you from an organic truck/boat/plane.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:22:48 pm »

Oh yeah, you got to go local.  That is so much more important, unless that shit came to you from an organic truck/boat/plane.

Levitated from our organic farms straight to you along naturally-imposed ley lines under the earth's surface, supported in midair by moral superiority and propelled by a vague sense of smug satisfaction.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:37:24 pm »

but... if I can't have unearned smug satisfaction, how will I ever feel good about my life?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:54:38 pm »

but... if I can't have unearned smug satisfaction, how will I ever feel good about my life?

Drugs. Lots of drugs. And blowjobs.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 8 2008 - A Man, A woman, and a carrot with lice.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 10:10:17 pm »

That guy knows what he is talking about.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up