The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 27, 2008, 11:22:52 pm

Title: William F Buckley is Dead
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 27, 2008, 11:22:52 pm
Now theres a man who knew how to debate. His discussions with the likes of Noam Chomsky are the kinds of things we need on TV for the Kids these days.
Title: Re: William F Buckley is Dead
Post by: jaydub on February 27, 2008, 11:46:06 pm
Now theres a man who knew how to debate. His discussions with the likes of Noam Chomsky are the kinds of things we need on TV for the Kids these days.
Isn't all that done on You Tube these days?  TV is so last millennium.
Title: Re: William F Buckley is Dead
Post by: AugustWest on February 28, 2008, 12:54:06 am
That's a shame.  Didn't agree with his politics at all, but he was civilized and erudite.  I admired him for that.  He wrote a few good spy novels too.
Title: Re: William F Buckley is Dead
Post by: Golfhaus on February 28, 2008, 12:56:46 am
I thought these were supposed to have exclamation points... "William F Buckley is dead!"

Didn't agree with him a lick, but even in death I'd rather listen to him than Ann Coulter.
Title: Re: William F Buckley is Dead
Post by: jaydub on February 28, 2008, 01:09:54 am
I thought these were supposed to have exclamation points... "William F Buckley is dead!"
True.  Plus they're usually in History, presumably since the subjects are now a part of it.

Have It Your Way®, I guess.
Title: Everybody conservative dance!
Post by: Dexter on February 28, 2008, 01:24:18 pm
White shirt and black Brooks Brothers suit, back on the rack
William F. Buckley's dead


I can't be the only person to have noticed that "William F. Buckley" and "Bela Lugosi" have identical meter.
Also, I can't help but feel like I'm going to hell for this.
Also, here's some even smaller text.
Okay, I am going to stop with the tiny text now.
I lied.  I'm sorry, I couldn't help it, 4pt was still kind of legible to me.  Now I am going to stop.