Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: William F Buckley is Dead  (Read 1907 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
William F Buckley is Dead
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:22:52 pm »

Now theres a man who knew how to debate. His discussions with the likes of Noam Chomsky are the kinds of things we need on TV for the Kids these days.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: William F Buckley is Dead
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:46:06 pm »

Now theres a man who knew how to debate. His discussions with the likes of Noam Chomsky are the kinds of things we need on TV for the Kids these days.
Isn't all that done on You Tube these days?  TV is so last millennium.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: William F Buckley is Dead
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:54:06 am »

That's a shame.  Didn't agree with his politics at all, but he was civilized and erudite.  I admired him for that.  He wrote a few good spy novels too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: William F Buckley is Dead
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:56:46 am »

I thought these were supposed to have exclamation points... "William F Buckley is dead!"

Didn't agree with him a lick, but even in death I'd rather listen to him than Ann Coulter.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: William F Buckley is Dead
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 01:09:54 am »

I thought these were supposed to have exclamation points... "William F Buckley is dead!"
True.  Plus they're usually in History, presumably since the subjects are now a part of it.

Have It Your Way®, I guess.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Everybody conservative dance!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:24:18 pm »

White shirt and black Brooks Brothers suit, back on the rack
William F. Buckley's dead


I can't be the only person to have noticed that "William F. Buckley" and "Bela Lugosi" have identical meter.
Also, I can't help but feel like I'm going to hell for this.
Also, here's some even smaller text.
Okay, I am going to stop with the tiny text now.
I lied.  I'm sorry, I couldn't help it, 4pt was still kind of legible to me.  Now I am going to stop.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.
Pages: [1]   Go Up