The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Vogel on April 22, 2008, 06:26:33 am

Title: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Vogel on April 22, 2008, 06:26:33 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222008)

Is Mr. Teal going to turn out to be actually Nice Pete conniving to entangle Cornelius in some horrible murder-scheme?
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: theinevitable on April 22, 2008, 06:40:14 am
wait, so, it wasn't Roast Beef doing some kind of plot?
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Vogel on April 22, 2008, 06:53:03 am
Maybe Cornelius just imagined it was a Roast Beef plot on account of his going senile.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 22, 2008, 11:36:57 am
Roast Beef just pointed out the computer, he didn't program anything.

Also, the uniformity of the 6 out of 8 last achewood board posts is pleasant to the eyes.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: CortJstr on April 22, 2008, 12:52:24 pm
wait, so, it wasn't Roast Beef doing some kind of plot?

No, Mr. Bear was just thinking that Beef set the whole thing up. We haven't seen Beef in quite some time so it's still possible but I really doubt it.

What I want to know is who's been running the pub while Corny was in the hoosegow.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 22, 2008, 01:34:56 pm
I thought Keith was the Boffin and even Mr. Teal was the same person, besides. Garsh, I'm so confused.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: robot_god on April 22, 2008, 01:45:27 pm
I thought Keith was the Boffin and even Mr. Teal was the same person, besides. Garsh, I'm so confused.

Well, just because the program has been loaded onto different drives doesn't mean it's no longer on the Shrovis.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 22, 2008, 02:53:23 pm
"A true fink of the first order"

Glad you're back, Cornelius! Fink doesn't get properly exercised nearly enough.

I cannot hear the word "fink" without thinking of "The Wizard of Id."
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: ryanpeq on April 22, 2008, 09:52:34 pm
it is roast beef's birthday today

(and mine)
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: jay-ell on April 23, 2008, 04:32:27 pm
Roast Beef just pointed out the computer, he didn't program anything.

Also, the uniformity of the 6 out of 8 last achewood board posts is pleasant to the eyes.


Take that, farqussus (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4296.0.html)! 
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: colmore on April 25, 2008, 12:18:05 am
What if the strip takes a right turn and we get 5 straight jokeless years of Cornelius' losing battle to Alzheimer's, and the pain and trouble it brings his friends.  It would be kind of like a less depressing Funky Winkerbean.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 25, 2008, 12:48:58 am
You wouldn't think that a strip called "Funky Winkerbean" would be depressing, from the name.

Lamely fake-wacky? Sure.

But... man. It really is.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: jaydub on April 25, 2008, 04:06:17 am
Yeah, I liked it about 15 years ago - I checked in with it a few years back and was stunned at what a drag its become.  Its like a continuous cry for help.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 25, 2008, 04:23:03 am
A can for encapsulating my feelings on midnight screenings of "Rocky Horror"... to the letter... while actually talking about "Funky Winkerbean".
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: theinevitable on April 25, 2008, 04:50:48 am
man, rocky horror.

THE MOVIE IS BAD, PEOPLE.

The Time Warp song is pretty awesome, that is it. That is all that movie has going for it.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: jaydub on April 25, 2008, 05:05:25 am
Awe, c'mon!  Meatloaf on a motorcycle, throwing snap kicks while howling a song!  Delightful nymphets, baked out of their gourds, doing the Time Warp in the aisles...

"Heavy...black...and pendulous..."

There are definitely those who take it waaaaaay too seriously, but as far as an excuse to party?  Don't get much easier.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 25, 2008, 05:05:42 am
Dude I wouldnt say that too loud. That movie is a serious THING for a lot of people.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Doc on April 25, 2008, 05:25:33 am
I've only seen Rocky Horror a couple of times but there's a showing of it at a local tiny cinema I just discovered next month so I'm going to go. I'm not serious that I can't enjoy some people having fun in corsettes. Seriously, I suffered through Wild Hogs I can find enjoyment in Tim Curry in lipstick.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: jay-ell on April 25, 2008, 12:28:16 pm
I saw it at the Rialto when I was in college -- said by many to be one of the best interactive shows in the US.  I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but that the events surrounding it were pretty stupid.  I went because I had a big crush on the bouncer -- a six-foot-tall brunette woman who donned four-inch heels for the occasion. 

Her name was Mary, and she went every weekend. 
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 25, 2008, 12:52:26 pm
Yeah, I liked it about 15 years ago - I checked in with it a few years back and was stunned at what a drag its become.  Its like a continuous cry for help.

I think the author took a cue from the popularity "For Better or For Worse" and decided to have bad things happen to the characters.

Either that, or he's got the depression.  Possibly both.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Doc on April 25, 2008, 12:55:01 pm
I saw it at the Rialto when I was in college -- said by many to be one of the best interactive shows in the US.  I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but that the events surrounding it were pretty stupid.  I went because I had a big crush on the bouncer -- a six-foot-tall brunette woman who donned four-inch heels for the occasion. 

Her name was Mary, and she went every weekend. 

JL, your life continues to inspire adoslescent lust.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: jay-ell on April 25, 2008, 01:04:14 pm
Yeah, well.  What can I say?  She was hot. 

We called her "Amazon," but she had both tits. 
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Doc on April 25, 2008, 01:55:14 pm
Double Amazon!
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Ben-San on April 25, 2008, 06:15:50 pm
Rocky Horror Picture Show isn't a great film but it is a good time.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Golfhaus on April 25, 2008, 08:46:19 pm
Dude I wouldnt say that too loud. That movie is a serious THING for a lot of people.

No doubt... I'd rather take my chances talking shit about Scientology than take my chances with RHPS devotees.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Choop on April 25, 2008, 09:19:00 pm
doc: so canned
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: theinevitable on April 25, 2008, 10:00:10 pm
Quote
Double Amazon!

Half halfling!
Double Hobbit!
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Vogel on April 28, 2008, 06:18:47 am
What if the strip takes a right turn and we get 5 straight jokeless years of Cornelius' losing battle to Alzheimer's, and the pain and trouble it brings his friends.  It would be kind of like a less depressing Funky Winkerbean.

ya, Onstad all just telling us "It's still not funny, it's still character development" over 5 years of strips about Cornelius slowly forgetting about the childrends books he used to write, or worse yet forgetting that he isn't still writing childrens books.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 28, 2008, 06:23:41 am
Better yet would be a series of Very Special achewoods once little stad becomes internet coherent.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Doc on April 28, 2008, 09:38:33 am
Better yet would be a series of Very Special achewoods once little stad becomes internet coherent.

I'm pretty sure parental instincts or not any Very Special Achewood strips would end up as 'sorry I was in my bedroom being naked'.
Title: Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
Post by: Death Ray on May 03, 2008, 08:11:06 pm
Well, just because the program has been loaded onto different drives doesn't mean it's no longer on the Shrovis.

I conquer. Onstad made it appear that the Boffin was all three of the characters.

But the larger question is, will the Boffin help Nolan gain access to those great, weeping banks of kiddie porn?