Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.  (Read 4500 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 05:05:25 am »

Awe, c'mon!  Meatloaf on a motorcycle, throwing snap kicks while howling a song!  Delightful nymphets, baked out of their gourds, doing the Time Warp in the aisles...

"Heavy...black...and pendulous..."

There are definitely those who take it waaaaaay too seriously, but as far as an excuse to party?  Don't get much easier.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 05:05:42 am »

Dude I wouldnt say that too loud. That movie is a serious THING for a lot of people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 05:25:33 am »

I've only seen Rocky Horror a couple of times but there's a showing of it at a local tiny cinema I just discovered next month so I'm going to go. I'm not serious that I can't enjoy some people having fun in corsettes. Seriously, I suffered through Wild Hogs I can find enjoyment in Tim Curry in lipstick.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:53:42 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 12:28:16 pm »

I saw it at the Rialto when I was in college -- said by many to be one of the best interactive shows in the US.  I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but that the events surrounding it were pretty stupid.  I went because I had a big crush on the bouncer -- a six-foot-tall brunette woman who donned four-inch heels for the occasion. 

Her name was Mary, and she went every weekend. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:26 pm »

Yeah, I liked it about 15 years ago - I checked in with it a few years back and was stunned at what a drag its become.  Its like a continuous cry for help.

I think the author took a cue from the popularity "For Better or For Worse" and decided to have bad things happen to the characters.

Either that, or he's got the depression.  Possibly both.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 12:55:01 pm »

I saw it at the Rialto when I was in college -- said by many to be one of the best interactive shows in the US.  I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but that the events surrounding it were pretty stupid.  I went because I had a big crush on the bouncer -- a six-foot-tall brunette woman who donned four-inch heels for the occasion. 

Her name was Mary, and she went every weekend. 

JL, your life continues to inspire adoslescent lust.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 01:04:14 pm »

Yeah, well.  What can I say?  She was hot. 

We called her "Amazon," but she had both tits. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 01:55:14 pm »

Double Amazon!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 06:15:50 pm »

Rocky Horror Picture Show isn't a great film but it is a good time.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 08:46:19 pm »

Dude I wouldnt say that too loud. That movie is a serious THING for a lot of people.

No doubt... I'd rather take my chances talking shit about Scientology than take my chances with RHPS devotees.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

doc: so canned
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 10:00:10 pm »

Quote
Double Amazon!

Half halfling!
Double Hobbit!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Vogel

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 06:18:47 am »

What if the strip takes a right turn and we get 5 straight jokeless years of Cornelius' losing battle to Alzheimer's, and the pain and trouble it brings his friends.  It would be kind of like a less depressing Funky Winkerbean.

ya, Onstad all just telling us "It's still not funny, it's still character development" over 5 years of strips about Cornelius slowly forgetting about the childrends books he used to write, or worse yet forgetting that he isn't still writing childrens books.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 06:23:41 am »

Better yet would be a series of Very Special achewoods once little stad becomes internet coherent.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 April 2008 - Great weeping banks of child pornography.
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 09:38:33 am »

Better yet would be a series of Very Special achewoods once little stad becomes internet coherent.

I'm pretty sure parental instincts or not any Very Special Achewood strips would end up as 'sorry I was in my bedroom being naked'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up