The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on June 10, 2008, 04:08:53 am

Title: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on June 10, 2008, 04:08:53 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06102008

Yay! That character's back! (identity of that character not indicated to allow anyone seeing this first the joy of figuring it out for themselves, as I did)
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 10, 2008, 04:14:52 am
Success! Its like getting your name printed in the Society pages for drunk people.

Next week...
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on June 10, 2008, 04:42:31 am
Man, the Achewood reporters, police, and bartenders must be pretty bored in order to report someone for admitting to not being able to plan a hospital.  I hesitate to think what they would make of my admission last weekend of not being very fond of hot-air hand dryers.   I'm worse than Hitler!
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: oball on June 10, 2008, 05:10:46 am
I had my suspicions about who it was, and was proven right.

Also, I am glad that you chose the correct thread title.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Toaster on June 10, 2008, 07:05:03 am
I often fit the description of a miscreant wearing headphones, but I have never been known to knock over iced coffees.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: wombat on June 10, 2008, 12:37:54 pm
  I hesitate to think what they would make of my admission last weekend of not being very fond of hot-air hand dryers. 

Oooo, OOOOO, you... you hooligan!
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: CortJstr on June 10, 2008, 04:28:41 pm
Man, the Achewood reporters, police, and bartenders must be pretty bored in order to report someone for admitting to not being able to plan a hospital.  I hesitate to think what they would make of my admission last weekend of not being very fond of hot-air hand dryers.   I'm worse than Hitler!

We take vegetable mixing very seriously round these parts, mister. Very seriously.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: jaydub on June 10, 2008, 05:28:23 pm
The button mushrooms into the bell peppers is pretty tame - I mean, one of these things is clearly not the other.  Cucumbers into zucchini though....deviltry!
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 10, 2008, 05:29:55 pm
Plantains in the bananas. That would be some fun.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Golfhaus on June 10, 2008, 06:12:59 pm
I'd leave him in there until the day after. I know Beef wouldn't do that though. Knowing what Showbiz will do, Beef will bail him out anyway, because that's the way life is.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Golfhaus on June 11, 2008, 12:33:14 am
But hey, if Beef bails out the 'Biz maybe we can hold out for the last minute reprieve of that bitch Molly playing the old salami game with the 'Biz as her last fling and having it take her all the way to Vegas for a real wedding surprise.

And leave us a crushed and spindled and mutilated Beef for our entertainment as lifes little punching bag.

Eh... I dunno. If I was running the book, my odds would be:

Molly hooking up with Showbiz: 1000/1
Molly hooking up with Ray (sober Ray): 10000/1
Molly hooking up with Ray (drunk Ray): 50/1
Molly hooking up with Teodor: 5/2

Then again, I also have The Molly/Beef Wedding Not Reaching Completion at even money.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Ben-San on June 11, 2008, 12:53:34 am
My chip's on one of them getting shot.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: wombat on June 11, 2008, 01:04:06 am
Oh God, can't they just have a nice wedding and live happily ever after?

Yeah. I know. But a girl can dream, can't she?

Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: iron_felix on June 11, 2008, 03:06:40 am
Then again, I also have The Molly/Beef Wedding Not Reaching Completion at even money.

I'd just like to remind everyone about my observation (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3714.msg93335.html#msg93335) from last year that Molly and Lie Bot have never appeared in the same strip.  I believe that remains true today.

Also... observe (after you've de-filtered the URLs):
www.ohno#####.com/index.pl?comic=636&s=Owp&search=Find
www.ohno#####.com/index.pl?comic=636&s=Awp&search=Find


You heard it here first.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Choop on June 11, 2008, 05:58:28 am
look for the roller skate
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 11, 2008, 06:19:00 am
My vote would be for some kind of shenanigan involving Showbiz bedding Molly by posing as his not-quite-twin brother, somehow, such as happens with twins in bad soap operas and so forth.

The whole "you cheated on me!" "I thought he was you!" thing.

I think this strip could figure out a new direction to go with that old trope.

I'm weird, of course.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Doc on June 11, 2008, 06:43:03 am
.. I mean, Molly threw that 13 dollar bar of soap away because of a hair from Showbiz. I really cannot see it happening.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: CortJstr on June 11, 2008, 01:31:48 pm
Then again, I also have The Molly/Beef Wedding Not Reaching Completion at even money.

If wrestling has taught us nothing else it's that a heel turn during a wedding makes the newly evil character way more popular. Therefore during the ceremony it will be revealed that T and Molly got drunk and eloped the night before, but Molly was so drunk she doesn't even remember doing it. Teodor refuses to get the marriage annulled and eventually starts to turn Molly over to his evil ways.
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: jay-ell on June 11, 2008, 01:43:14 pm
Something just occurred to me.

The wedding is scheduled for July 5. 

A Saturday. 

During a holiday weekend. 

Great time for a wedding; terrible time for a strip. 

What are the odds we're going to actually get to see the wedding?  Is Onstad going to post a special weekend strip?  Are we going to see it in flashback on Monday?  Will it just be alluded to as things continue like normal? 

Damn you, Onstad, for making us care. 
Title: Re: 10th June 2008 - Out of control like Sammy Hagar
Post by: Doc on June 12, 2008, 04:43:17 am
We're all getting psyched for this multi-strip wedding arc but it would not be entirely out of character for Onstad to just cut straight to the aftermath. Or the after-aftermath.

Quote from: Wedding strip
First Frame
"Aw yeah dogg bachelor party time"
Second frame
Sooon:
"Todd, have you seen my cowboy hat? Phillipe wants to 'look nice' for his presidential concession speech"
"N-n-n-n-not since I frikkin puked in it while you were all looking at Beef's honeymoon photos."
"Damnit, that was 4 months ago."