The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on July 15, 2008, 08:39:19 am
-
D'awwww (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07152008)
The flashback sequence of Beef's life, and his little smile when he remembers meeting Molly got me right here.
-
No words necessary. Beef's life flashed before his eyes and he saw what was most important to him. Very touching.
Also, poor Philippe...and poor Teodor too! He's having a major freakout. Guy needs to calm down some, maybe take a vacation.
-
Clearly Onstad is channeling Ware again, but in the best way.
Though the story had been told already to those who subscribe to the premium content, this completed it well.
It feels like a beautiful summation of all that is Roast Beef's life. Long may it last.
(PS - I hope this becomes a poster)
-
Wow, that was beautiful.
I went back and reread the whole arc after Harlock posted the link in another post, and it's true. It reads even better all as once.
It hit close to home at the time, because my SO and I have been seeing each other for a long time now and we're both kind of at a transitional place in our lives and now might be the time to make a decision and...
... and then I realize I'm letting a cartoon about talking cats make me think about taking one of the most life-altering steps I could take.
Could be worse, I suppose. (We're at a ball game together, she pops the question on national TV. WHAT DO YOU DO?)
-
Damn straight, Ramses. Damn straight.
-
Phillipe's trauma made me, ironically, piss myself.
-
I've always wanted to see someone break up on a jumbotron.
-
Who are the cats in Panel 3? They appear to be Kazenzakises (Kazenzakii?) rather than Sanderses or Smuckleses.
-
Beef's going to take to fatherhood like...
well like a really good sport, I'm sure.
-
I shoot my gun and Java be dancin' (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03102003)
-
Best birthday strip ever.
-
What is with T-t-t-t-t-todd and the cigarette? I am baffled.
-
Also this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06172003 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06172003)
It's better than he ever could have imagined it.
-
What is with T-t-t-t-t-todd and the cigarette? I am baffled.
Part V (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05232008). Although I'm not sure who he's lighting here. Ray? Beef's nails could never look that good.
-
Although I'm not sure who he's lighting here. Ray?
My guess would be Ray's mom.
-
On the other hand, this pic is baffling me?
(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/origins.jpg)
How Molly ended up in Heaven to meet Beef?
I don't think they had Wonder Bread in 18th century Wales however.
I can't think of any reason for stuffing a kitten in a bread bag tied off with a cord that doesn't involve ill intent.
-
That's from a strip where Beef is showing Molly what he considers to be hilarious slogan shirts for babies and she asks him what he was dressed in as a child. Sorry I do not have time to find this strip for you now but I'm sure someone will oblige.
-
Sorry I do not have time to find this strip for you now but I'm sure someone will oblige.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192005 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192005)
Also, Beef smiles.
-
Who are the cats in Panel 3? They appear to be Kazenzakises (Kazenzakii?) rather than Sanderses or Smuckleses.
My guess is that's Gary Rodriguez and his wife. Gary's a guy Beef went to high school with who thought all his high school class was invited.
-
I'm pretty sure panel three is Doc Andretti and his mom. It took me a minute, since he's out of his lab coat and, uh, disc-shaped doctor head thing, but the glasses match up. And maybe she's wearing a pashmina? I know little of such things.
-
And maybe she's wearing a merkin? I know little of such things.
FTFY.
Mollys dad and the bro look pretty pissed, and who can blame them. way to blow it hard, T.
-
Oh, of course. The pashmina. Duh. Thanks.
-
I don't get it.