Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk  (Read 4422 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:39:19 am »

D'awwww


The flashback sequence of Beef's life, and his little smile when he remembers meeting Molly got me right here.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

memnarch

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:55:54 am »

No words necessary. Beef's life flashed before his eyes and he saw what was most important to him. Very touching.

Also, poor Philippe...and poor Teodor too! He's having a major freakout. Guy needs to calm down some, maybe take a vacation.
Logged
I...but...it's...not...it's totally...it's...Y...you're not the boss of...me? -Scott Pilgrim

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:41:10 am »

Clearly Onstad is channeling Ware again, but in the best way.

Though the story had been told already to those who subscribe to the premium content, this completed it well.

It feels like a beautiful summation of all that is Roast Beef's life. Long may it last.

(PS - I hope this becomes a poster)
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

IsoscelesLock

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:05:21 pm »

Wow, that was beautiful.

I went back and reread the whole arc after Harlock posted the link in another post, and it's true. It reads even better all as once.

It hit close to home at the time, because my SO and I have been seeing each other for a long time now and we're both kind of at a transitional place in our lives and now might be the time to make a decision and...

... and then I realize I'm letting a cartoon about talking cats make me think about taking one of the most life-altering steps I could take.

Could be worse, I suppose. (We're at a ball game together, she pops the question on national TV. WHAT DO YOU DO?)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:26 pm »

Damn straight, Ramses. Damn straight.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 02:44:24 pm »

Phillipe's trauma made me, ironically, piss myself.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

I've always wanted to see someone break up on a jumbotron.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 03:36:05 pm »

Who are the cats in Panel 3? They appear to be Kazenzakises (Kazenzakii?) rather than Sanderses or Smuckleses.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »

Beef's going to take to fatherhood like...

well like a really good sport, I'm sure.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 09:20:40 pm »

Best birthday strip ever.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 09:30:50 pm »

What is with T-t-t-t-t-todd and the cigarette? I am baffled.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 10:15:55 pm »

Also this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06172003

It's better than he ever could have imagined it.

Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 10:22:55 pm »

What is with T-t-t-t-t-todd and the cigarette? I am baffled.

Part V. Although I'm not sure who he's lighting here. Ray? Beef's nails could never look that good.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »

Although I'm not sure who he's lighting here. Ray?

My guess would be Ray's mom.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up