The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Asherdan on July 17, 2008, 10:14:58 pm

Title: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Asherdan on July 17, 2008, 10:14:58 pm
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: smick on July 18, 2008, 12:00:25 am
It's fun.

The welts aren't bad.  The paint tastes horrible.

I always get the yips when I have someone dead to rights and end up shooting 10 times when just one will do. 

I went to the handy Value Village and picked up a set of old green BDUs.  They work exceptionally well.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Drygioni on July 18, 2008, 01:39:25 am
Slipping into the whole war thing is apparently very effective. Just pretend you're hunting Charlie or Jerry or Predator, and (so I'm told) your inner Metal Gear instincts come out. I did try this once, but it's better sometimes to just let go and treat it like, well, fun. I'll explain.

I was all in the zone, having assigned myself the 'lone sniper' role. (Advice: Every man on earth wants to be it, but it's very boring and very ineffective. It's paint, for chris'sake, and you can't even take a shit in your ##### like REAL snipers). So there I was, spinning manically at the merest sound of a snapped twig, dropping to the ground at the slightest movement etc. I WAS A WAR MACHINE. Finally, I found a way up a large bank with a commanding view of the battlefield.

Crawling over to the the edge of the ridge, I set my sights on some killin'. The illusion was spoiled somewhat by seeing one of my friends laughing manically, hauling around a grinning space-hopper while trying to avoid being hit by multicoloured blobs shot by a panting, red-faced chubby young man, who subsequently ran into an ambush set by team and ran away screaming bloody murder.

Turns out while I'd been playing Willem Dafoe an epic battle had taken place, involving heroic sacrifices, impromptu flares of tactical genius and many gallant solo runs for the aforementioned space-hopper. The rest of my team, ambush successful and enemy team routing or dispatched, laughed their way back to the base taking turns on the space-hopper and shooting each other. I took one half-hearted shot at the fleeing back of the ambushee, which missed by a mile, and trudged back to base to join in the celebrations.

Oh, I laughed along. And I pretended to remember the great moments of our glorious victory.

But I was crying inside.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: wombat on July 18, 2008, 01:42:00 am
I think I'll pass on any activity that involves finding out what paint tastes like, thanks.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 18, 2008, 01:55:29 am
Paintballing is good stuff. I have a modded fully automatic electronic gun that hasn't left my basement in years. yeah, the sniper thing is dumb, don't waste your time. Remember that the guns arent terribly accurate, they are slow, and they arc down over a relatively short distance, even with a good gun. Buy ammo in the biggest available denomination, it goes fast. Also, with those flaws in mind, it is possible to run around in the open without getting hit.
When I went with my high school, a guidance counselor paid a dude $20 to take a point blank shot to the arm. It made a wound resembling a hicky, it bled a little.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: pmcd9 on July 18, 2008, 04:49:37 am
I bought a jar of paintballs once at a garage sale and shot them at stop signs with my wrist rocket.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Doc on July 18, 2008, 11:05:08 am
I bought a jar of paintballs once at a garage sale and shot them at stop signs with my wrist rocket.

Pics?

man i am sorry for being so obvious but i would actually love to see a gallery of stop signs with various paint splatters all over them
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: pmcd9 on July 18, 2008, 07:45:56 pm
When I get my camera back from the shop I will oblidge you.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Limmo on September 19, 2008, 06:09:30 pm
Daaaaaaaaamn.  Sounds like you need some fire support. 
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: theinevitable on September 19, 2008, 09:43:01 pm
i have a lot of fears that involve my potential offspring being really into things like this.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Limmo on September 20, 2008, 10:32:35 pm
You volunteering? I will hand you a ticket and a gun.

Can't this weekend...or any other weekend of the next four...but the idea of getting out on the range and getting silver dollar-sized blood bruises all over my torso before I exhaust every drop of adrenaline my body can produce....

Let me think about this.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 20, 2008, 11:33:23 pm
i have a lot of fears that involve my potential offspring being really into things like this.
By the time we make people, i feel like they will have video games so interactive and realistic that they wont want to shoot us with balls of paint.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: AugustWest on September 21, 2008, 12:18:04 am
Inev, you will do things with and for those potential offspring that will amaze and bemuse the heck out of you.

It's true.  For example, I went to see N'SYNC.   shudder
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: theinevitable on September 21, 2008, 12:21:45 am
Quote
By the time we make people, i feel like they will have video games so interactive and realistic that they wont want to shoot us with balls of paint.

Yeah, and I'll be the dad who is like "guys! let's go camping! awesome!"
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2008, 05:46:49 pm
Ever since I watched Spaced I consider any game of paintball that doesn't include shooting Darth Maul in the chest to be somehow lacking.
Title: Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 22, 2008, 10:11:44 pm
Jeeze, I know what Santa's binging this year...


I have a fully modded electronic optional-automatic gun id sell if you want.