Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So Whadda Ya People Know About...  (Read 3919 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:14:58 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:41:19 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:00:25 am »

It's fun.

The welts aren't bad.  The paint tastes horrible.

I always get the yips when I have someone dead to rights and end up shooting 10 times when just one will do. 

I went to the handy Value Village and picked up a set of old green BDUs.  They work exceptionally well.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 01:39:25 am »

Slipping into the whole war thing is apparently very effective. Just pretend you're hunting Charlie or Jerry or Predator, and (so I'm told) your inner Metal Gear instincts come out. I did try this once, but it's better sometimes to just let go and treat it like, well, fun. I'll explain.

I was all in the zone, having assigned myself the 'lone sniper' role. (Advice: Every man on earth wants to be it, but it's very boring and very ineffective. It's paint, for chris'sake, and you can't even take a shit in your ##### like REAL snipers). So there I was, spinning manically at the merest sound of a snapped twig, dropping to the ground at the slightest movement etc. I WAS A WAR MACHINE. Finally, I found a way up a large bank with a commanding view of the battlefield.

Crawling over to the the edge of the ridge, I set my sights on some killin'. The illusion was spoiled somewhat by seeing one of my friends laughing manically, hauling around a grinning space-hopper while trying to avoid being hit by multicoloured blobs shot by a panting, red-faced chubby young man, who subsequently ran into an ambush set by team and ran away screaming bloody murder.

Turns out while I'd been playing Willem Dafoe an epic battle had taken place, involving heroic sacrifices, impromptu flares of tactical genius and many gallant solo runs for the aforementioned space-hopper. The rest of my team, ambush successful and enemy team routing or dispatched, laughed their way back to the base taking turns on the space-hopper and shooting each other. I took one half-hearted shot at the fleeing back of the ambushee, which missed by a mile, and trudged back to base to join in the celebrations.

Oh, I laughed along. And I pretended to remember the great moments of our glorious victory.

But I was crying inside.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:42:00 am »

I think I'll pass on any activity that involves finding out what paint tastes like, thanks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:55:29 am »

Paintballing is good stuff. I have a modded fully automatic electronic gun that hasn't left my basement in years. yeah, the sniper thing is dumb, don't waste your time. Remember that the guns arent terribly accurate, they are slow, and they arc down over a relatively short distance, even with a good gun. Buy ammo in the biggest available denomination, it goes fast. Also, with those flaws in mind, it is possible to run around in the open without getting hit.
When I went with my high school, a guidance counselor paid a dude $20 to take a point blank shot to the arm. It made a wound resembling a hicky, it bled a little.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:37 am »

I bought a jar of paintballs once at a garage sale and shot them at stop signs with my wrist rocket.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:05:08 am »

I bought a jar of paintballs once at a garage sale and shot them at stop signs with my wrist rocket.

Pics?

man i am sorry for being so obvious but i would actually love to see a gallery of stop signs with various paint splatters all over them
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:45:56 pm »

When I get my camera back from the shop I will oblidge you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:30 pm »

Daaaaaaaaamn.  Sounds like you need some fire support. 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:43:01 pm »

i have a lot of fears that involve my potential offspring being really into things like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 10:32:35 pm »

You volunteering? I will hand you a ticket and a gun.

Can't this weekend...or any other weekend of the next four...but the idea of getting out on the range and getting silver dollar-sized blood bruises all over my torso before I exhaust every drop of adrenaline my body can produce....

Let me think about this.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 11:33:23 pm »

i have a lot of fears that involve my potential offspring being really into things like this.
By the time we make people, i feel like they will have video games so interactive and realistic that they wont want to shoot us with balls of paint.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 12:18:04 am »

Inev, you will do things with and for those potential offspring that will amaze and bemuse the heck out of you.

It's true.  For example, I went to see N'SYNC.   shudder
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 12:21:45 am »

Quote
By the time we make people, i feel like they will have video games so interactive and realistic that they wont want to shoot us with balls of paint.

Yeah, and I'll be the dad who is like "guys! let's go camping! awesome!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So Whadda Ya People Know About...
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 05:46:49 pm »

Ever since I watched Spaced I consider any game of paintball that doesn't include shooting Darth Maul in the chest to be somehow lacking.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up