The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on July 19, 2008, 11:23:58 am

Title: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 19, 2008, 11:23:58 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07182008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07182008)

It's a long way to topiary, it's a long way to go...
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: wombat on July 19, 2008, 11:52:37 am
I decided not to start the thread because I figured everyone wanted the title to be "water is basically a genital bridge."
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: pmcd9 on July 19, 2008, 01:50:28 pm
That was painful.  Poor Ray.

Is he giving Mrs. Smuckles money?

Edit:  Oh wait, she's giving him money.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: colmore on July 19, 2008, 03:12:17 pm
Ray is comically not in control of social situations that don't involve BSing with millionaires.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Golfhaus on July 19, 2008, 03:58:26 pm
I like the implication in panel 11 that there is a symmetry between "being a *****" and "being a homosexual," "being an atheist," "being a Muslim," "being something other than me." It shines a new light on this sequence (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06082004) - not so much a party on wheels, but a celebration of the movement.

I support the rights of *****s to teach in public schools. No Child Left Behind has turned most teachers into that, anyway.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2008, 04:10:06 pm
I decided not to start the thread because I figured everyone wanted the title to be "water is basically a genital bridge."


It is a good line. Plus, Blister!
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 19, 2008, 04:13:59 pm
It is a good line. Plus, Blister!

Unfortunately, "Punk-rock Brezhnev" is the proper title.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: AugustWest on July 19, 2008, 04:41:06 pm
That was painful.  Poor Ray.

Is he giving Mrs. Smuckles money?

Edit:  Oh wait, she's giving him money.

No, he's giving her a note with the address and room number of the motor lodge where he's spending the night.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: pmcd9 on July 19, 2008, 04:53:10 pm
No, he's giving her a note with the address and room number of the motor lodge where he's spending the night.

That was my original thought too, but I don't think so.  It looks too big to be a note I think all folded over.  And she's too old for him.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: wombat on July 19, 2008, 06:37:37 pm
Unfortunately, "Punk-rock Brezhnev" is the proper title.

That is nice. My choice would have been "I respect that. I just don't want you teachin' in my schools."
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Doc on July 19, 2008, 06:42:11 pm
Personally I would have gone with 'see a man about a dad' it's less memorable but more descriptive of what's going on.

Also it took me three reads to realise he didn't bite the lid off and then spit it out he spit the lid off.
That is the man with blood on his hands.

I think he must be giving Mrs. Smuckles something but I don't know what, too big to be a note but I can't imagine he would accept money from her (or that he'd need it).
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Golfhaus on July 19, 2008, 07:58:42 pm
Clearly, it is a note that reads, "Things had to be the way they are. No sense making a deal out of it, and it worked out well besides."
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: jay-ell on July 19, 2008, 08:02:35 pm
That was my original thought too, but I don't think so.  It looks too big to be a note I think all folded over.  And she's too old for him.

She's...I...they...

They made a baby together thirty years ago!  She's not too old for him! 
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 19, 2008, 08:31:19 pm
She's...I...they...

They made a baby together thirty years ago!  She's not too old for him! 

Everyone knows that once a woman gives birth she instantly becomes an unattractive hag with no sex appeal, didn't you know?
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: jay-ell on July 19, 2008, 10:08:58 pm
Everyone knows that once a woman gives birth she instantly becomes an unattractive hag with no sex appeal, didn't you know?


....

...yes, yes I did. 

*weeps*
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2008, 04:55:55 am
Everyone knows that once a woman gives birth she instantly becomes an unattractive hag with no sex appeal, didn't you know?


This is why we can't have nice things around here.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: jaydub on July 21, 2008, 03:59:08 pm
That MMR camera/photographer joke is cracking me up in this one.  Have we seen the photog before?  That has to be the puniest, cheapest rig in the history of wedding photography. 
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Doc on July 21, 2008, 04:08:24 pm
I'm pretty sure the photographer is Arwel (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07012008) so it might be understandable that he's not that up to date. He probably just grabbed whatever digital camera Ray had sitting next to his breakfast table today in case his egg yolk formed an interesting shape.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Death Ray on July 22, 2008, 04:21:56 pm
Who is that old guy that Ray's dad humbled by blowing the cap off the beer? Is he Ray's mom's date?
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 22, 2008, 04:30:36 pm
Who is that old guy that Ray's dad humbled by blowing the cap off the beer? Is he Ray's mom's date?
That's Lyle. You remember Lyle? Hes a main character.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 23, 2008, 01:32:11 pm
Barely recognizeable in a suit and semi-permanent flop sweat.
Title: Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
Post by: Death Ray on July 23, 2008, 05:30:53 pm
Barely recognizeable in a suit and semi-permanent flop sweat.

Gosh, seems like a while! Those glasses do make him look older.