Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"  (Read 3759 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:23:58 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07182008

It's a long way to topiary, it's a long way to go...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:52:37 am »

I decided not to start the thread because I figured everyone wanted the title to be "water is basically a genital bridge."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:50:28 pm »

That was painful.  Poor Ray.

Is he giving Mrs. Smuckles money?

Edit:  Oh wait, she's giving him money.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 03:12:17 pm »

Ray is comically not in control of social situations that don't involve BSing with millionaires.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 03:58:26 pm »

I like the implication in panel 11 that there is a symmetry between "being a *****" and "being a homosexual," "being an atheist," "being a Muslim," "being something other than me." It shines a new light on this sequence - not so much a party on wheels, but a celebration of the movement.

I support the rights of *****s to teach in public schools. No Child Left Behind has turned most teachers into that, anyway.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:10:06 pm »

I decided not to start the thread because I figured everyone wanted the title to be "water is basically a genital bridge."


It is a good line. Plus, Blister!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:13:59 pm »

It is a good line. Plus, Blister!

Unfortunately, "Punk-rock Brezhnev" is the proper title.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:41:06 pm »

That was painful.  Poor Ray.

Is he giving Mrs. Smuckles money?

Edit:  Oh wait, she's giving him money.

No, he's giving her a note with the address and room number of the motor lodge where he's spending the night.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 04:53:10 pm »

No, he's giving her a note with the address and room number of the motor lodge where he's spending the night.

That was my original thought too, but I don't think so.  It looks too big to be a note I think all folded over.  And she's too old for him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:37:37 pm »

Unfortunately, "Punk-rock Brezhnev" is the proper title.

That is nice. My choice would have been "I respect that. I just don't want you teachin' in my schools."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:42:11 pm »

Personally I would have gone with 'see a man about a dad' it's less memorable but more descriptive of what's going on.

Also it took me three reads to realise he didn't bite the lid off and then spit it out he spit the lid off.
That is the man with blood on his hands.

I think he must be giving Mrs. Smuckles something but I don't know what, too big to be a note but I can't imagine he would accept money from her (or that he'd need it).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 07:58:42 pm »

Clearly, it is a note that reads, "Things had to be the way they are. No sense making a deal out of it, and it worked out well besides."
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »

That was my original thought too, but I don't think so.  It looks too big to be a note I think all folded over.  And she's too old for him.

She's...I...they...

They made a baby together thirty years ago!  She's not too old for him! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »

She's...I...they...

They made a baby together thirty years ago!  She's not too old for him! 

Everyone knows that once a woman gives birth she instantly becomes an unattractive hag with no sex appeal, didn't you know?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th, 2008 - "shame-walk all the way"
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 10:08:58 pm »

Everyone knows that once a woman gives birth she instantly becomes an unattractive hag with no sex appeal, didn't you know?


....

...yes, yes I did. 

*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up