The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on August 22, 2008, 03:45:57 am

Title: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Doc on August 22, 2008, 03:45:57 am
It maybe nothing particularly special, but I like this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08222008).
I think ultimately I read Achewood just so I'm right there when Onstad coins the world's most awesome phrase.

I really, really wanted to go with 'The visual drama of his own genitalia' but forcemeat... c'mon. You can't argue with that.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2008, 03:51:47 am
This joke hinges upon the ability to believe that a fur-covered animal would have distinctive pubic hair.

Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 22, 2008, 03:57:44 am
[cue pubic grooming debate]   
All such as with lfm telling us something about how pubic hair was created by some totalitarian organization of dagger wielding skeletons as part of pyramid scam to make his dick look smaller.
:'(
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Toaster on August 22, 2008, 04:35:34 am
I trim.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on August 22, 2008, 04:50:37 am
I have a bush you could hide a VCR in.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on August 22, 2008, 04:55:14 am
Also, this is a Glen of Imaal Terrier:

(http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images/GlenofImaalface.jpg)

Who wouldn't want their genetalia gnawed off by this cute li'l guy?
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 22, 2008, 05:26:14 am
Nah, I'm pretty much pro-pubic hair.

In my late teens, though, I pulled out all my body hair in a nervous breakdown and it never grew back as thick... but that's not really a grooming thing.

It's a neurotic thing.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 22, 2008, 06:05:44 am
Whoa whoa what?

You have a neurotic thing that makes you pull out your pubic hair?  Like, not just once?  Cause I kind of do the same with, you know, my head.  It is because I smoke entirely too many cigarettes.  But yeah, that must hurt a lot.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Doc on August 22, 2008, 06:18:37 am
Nah, I'm pretty much pro-pubic hair.

I read that as 'public' at first. Which I guess would be hair you're not ashamed to show off? Or maybe hair funded by the tax-payer?
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 22, 2008, 06:35:48 am
No, just the once.

Kind of a... kind of a Pink Floyd shaving-the-eyebrows freak out kinda thing.

My panic flare-ups over the course of my life have pretty much manifested in a different way every time.

It's just... y'know... everything all over my body came back less coarse after that.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Toaster on August 22, 2008, 06:54:16 am
That's such a cute little dog! Squeeee!

A second thing: Beef makes a very valid point about the biological importance of pubic hair. It is the place where people keep all of their pheremones. When I first began to trim, I was worried that it would cause girls to find me less attractive, and they wouldn't know why. But my current girlfriend lives in England, and she can't smell me over the internet, so I don't worry about it anymore.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: dejavroom on August 22, 2008, 12:34:56 pm
Beef is a fuck*ng dick. Fanciful notions about our ability to manipulate the visual drama of our own genitalia is what makes us human.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: CortJstr on August 22, 2008, 01:00:01 pm
Someday I'm going to go back and count how many strips feature Molly starting out happy and excited, then moving through annoyed into sad/worried.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2008, 01:21:44 pm
That's such a cute little dog! Squeeee!

A second thing: Beef makes a very valid point about the biological importance of pubic hair. It is the place where people keep all of their pheremones. When I first began to trim, I was worried that it would cause girls to find me less attractive, and they wouldn't know why. But my current girlfriend lives in England, and she can't smell me over the internet, so I don't worry about it anymore.

She probably gets that crotch-smell fix by eating the English food anyway. There's a reason why they call it "Spotted Dick."
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: milhouse on August 22, 2008, 03:03:29 pm
Trimming makes you look longer, but completely shaving makes you look freaking huge!

I don't really know this. Try at your own risk!
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: jaydub on August 22, 2008, 03:12:54 pm
Beef is a fuck*ng dick. Fanciful notions about our ability to manipulate the visual drama of our own genitalia is what makes us human.

...says the Brazilian. :)
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: dejavroom on August 22, 2008, 03:23:08 pm
So busted.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: colmore on August 22, 2008, 03:25:12 pm
It must be tough imagining all potential choices in your life from the perspective of a coroner's report.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Doc on August 22, 2008, 03:41:09 pm
...says the Brazilian. :)

Cha-Ching!

A tiny can sir, but if you shave around it you might be able to manipulate it's visual drama.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: jaydub on August 22, 2008, 03:53:46 pm
It must be tough imagining all potential choices in your life from the perspective of a coroner's report.
People always go on about my tattoo choices - "What about when you're old and the tattoo gets all saggy and wrinkly" or something along those lines, which seems like a ridiculous criterion for things.  Taken to its logical conclusion, you might as well do nothing since you're going to die and rot anyway.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2008, 04:41:44 pm
People always go on about my tattoo choices - "What about when you're old and the tattoo gets all saggy and wrinkly" or something along those lines, which seems like a ridiculous criterion for things.  Taken to its logical conclusion, you might as well do nothing since you're going to die and rot anyway.

And that's why I don't do anything!
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: jay-ell on August 22, 2008, 08:17:29 pm
Beef is a fuck*ng dick. Fanciful notions about our ability to manipulate the visual drama of our own genitalia is what makes us human.

Can...did...has...

...Didn't anybody notice that Roast Beef is not human? 

For real, guys. 

Also, it seems like we've already had the pubic hair discussion several times.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of tired of it at this point. 

You guys have fun, tho. 
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: dejavroom on August 23, 2008, 01:28:40 am
Oh c'mon, JL. Them dudes are so highly anthropomorphised they're pushing us off the top of the evolutionary ladder.

Yep. I mean... that sort of discussion... happens between couples.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Doc on August 23, 2008, 01:32:41 am
Can...did...has...

...Didn't anybody notice that Roast Beef is not human? 

For real, guys. 

Also, it seems like we've already had the pubic hair discussion several times.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of tired of it at this point. 

You guys have fun, tho. 


*faints*

edited to hide the fact that I can't help mispelling something even when my post is only one word long!
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Dangermoose on August 23, 2008, 07:22:21 pm
...Didn't anybody notice that Roast Beef is not human? 

"Roast Beef is a gray male, thirty to thirty-five"

See, therein lies ... he's a cat, hence capable of being gray, yet he can also be age 30 to 35.  I am so confused I'm gonna go outside.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: Bimmicus on August 24, 2008, 02:15:33 am
Poobies.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: jaydub on August 24, 2008, 10:34:59 pm
*faints*

edited to hide the fact that I can't help mispelling something even when my post is only one word long!

I was scratching my head over the angle you were apparently taking with feints.  I had concluded I wasn't enough of a hipster to get it.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: colmore on August 25, 2008, 02:27:28 pm
Quote
People always go on about my tattoo choices - "What about when you're old and the tattoo gets all saggy and wrinkly" or something along those lines, which seems like a ridiculous criterion for things.  Taken to its logical conclusion, you might as well do nothing since you're going to die and rot anyway.

Agreed.  I love seeing World War II vets with big green blobs on their arms.  Sure it hasn't looked like a squareknot since LBJ was in office, but it transforms "some random old person" into "dude who has lived long and interesting."

I'm actually about to (as in, in a few hours) going to get my second tattoo.  The first is a drawing of a pocket knife that I did to look like it's sort of in R Crumb's style.  The image itself is a broad Rushmore reference.  The new one is going to be an armband just above the right elbow of a scene from Krazy Kat.  I'm stoked.  I put off getting this tattoo because a famous person from my home town also has a Krazy Kat tattoo, but I realized that I don't care.
Title: Re: 22 August 2008 - A terrified, asexual forcemeat.
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 25, 2008, 03:12:05 pm
is it time to revive one of the two or three tattoo threads we have already? I have a new one to put in the gallery too.