The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on August 30, 2008, 05:31:59 pm
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377)
This dude is possibly legitimately insane. He beat a hoss in a foot race. And now he has legally changed his name to his number, in spanish?
-
This guy was really bad ass a few years ago when he was a better player and could do end zone celebrations. I kinda got tired of him for a bit, but this is awesome.
-
I like him. For some reason his antics don't rub me the way Deion's, Owens' or for sure, Michael Irvin's did.
-
You kinda get the feeling with Ocho Cinco that he's kinda taking the piss. Sure he thinks he's the best thing to hit football since the forward pass, but at the end of the day he knows his antics get him talked about and make him a fan favorite with the folks who think the NFL takes itself too seriously, and he seems to be cool with that.
-
If I were the Cincinnati organization, Id assign him a new number.
-
You kinda get the feeling with Ocho Cinco that he's kinda taking the piss. Sure he thinks he's the best thing to hit football since the forward pass, but at the end of the day he knows his antics get him talked about and make him a fan favorite with the folks who think the NFL takes itself too seriously, and he seems to be cool with that.
I agree completely, but, idk, it still gets old after a while. Like I said, this totally makes up for it.
-
That is hilarious in concept. Too bad the franchise and the league will never do it. It would fuck with merchandising too much and piss off fans who owned 'old' jerseys, etc.
I hope and pray that he is traded to a team that retired #85. That way he gets a new number, everybody gets to laugh, and the team doesn't have to look like jerks.
-
I hope and pray that he is traded to a team that retired #85. That way he gets a new number, everybody gets to laugh, and the team doesn't have to look like jerks.
According to the NFL (http://www.nfl.com/history/retirednumbers), there are two teams with retired 85s. The Detroit Lions retired Chuck "Ocho" Hughes's digits, while St. Louis retired Jack "Cinco" Youngblood's jersey.
The trade would be funny at first, but then annoying when Chad decides to hold out with the new team until they un-retire the number on his behalf. Complete with interviews with the previous 85, which would feature either a) the old guy saying "This young man is an exciting player, and I would be honored if he wore my own number," or b) the old guy saying "this punk... he wouldn't have lasted a week in the NFL *I* know."
-
That is hilarious in concept. Too bad the franchise and the league will never do it. It would fuck with merchandising too much and piss off fans who owned 'old' jerseys, etc.
Chad Ocho Cinco wore "C. Johnson" on his jersey yesterday because Reebok, the NFL's supplier, has a ton of unsold "C. Johnson" jerseys hanging around. The league won't let Ocho Cinco wear his legal name on the back of his uniform until the pre-produced "C. Johnson" stock dries up. That's almost as funny as the scenario where he gets traded to a team that won't assign him "85" and he pouts and quits.