Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco  (Read 2910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377
This dude is possibly legitimately insane. He beat a hoss in a foot race. And now he has legally changed his name to his number, in spanish?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:56:47 pm »

This guy was really bad ass a few years ago when he was a better player and could do end zone celebrations.  I kinda got tired of him for a bit, but this is awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:50:58 pm »

I like him.  For some reason his antics don't rub me the way Deion's, Owens' or for sure, Michael Irvin's did.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:43:48 am »

You kinda get the feeling with Ocho Cinco that he's kinda taking the piss. Sure he thinks he's the best thing to hit football since the forward pass, but at the end of the day he knows his antics get him talked about and make him a fan favorite with the folks who think the NFL takes itself too seriously, and he seems to be cool with that.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:57:30 am »

If I were the Cincinnati organization, Id assign him a new number.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:58:01 am »

You kinda get the feeling with Ocho Cinco that he's kinda taking the piss. Sure he thinks he's the best thing to hit football since the forward pass, but at the end of the day he knows his antics get him talked about and make him a fan favorite with the folks who think the NFL takes itself too seriously, and he seems to be cool with that.

I agree completely, but, idk, it still gets old after a while.  Like I said, this totally makes up for it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »

That is hilarious in concept. Too bad the franchise and the league will never do it. It would fuck with merchandising too much and piss off fans who owned 'old' jerseys, etc.

I hope and pray that he is traded to a team that retired #85. That way he gets a new number, everybody gets to laugh, and the team doesn't have to look like jerks.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:05:45 pm »

I hope and pray that he is traded to a team that retired #85. That way he gets a new number, everybody gets to laugh, and the team doesn't have to look like jerks.

According to the NFL, there are two teams with retired 85s. The Detroit Lions retired Chuck "Ocho" Hughes's digits, while St. Louis retired Jack "Cinco" Youngblood's jersey.

The trade would be funny at first, but then annoying when Chad decides to hold out with the new team until they un-retire the number on his behalf. Complete with interviews with the previous 85, which would feature either a) the old guy saying "This young man is an exciting player, and I would be honored if he wore my own number," or b) the old guy saying "this punk... he wouldn't have lasted a week in the NFL *I* know."
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Johnsons finally did it, he changed his name to Ocho Cinco
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

That is hilarious in concept. Too bad the franchise and the league will never do it. It would fuck with merchandising too much and piss off fans who owned 'old' jerseys, etc.

Chad Ocho Cinco wore "C. Johnson" on his jersey yesterday because Reebok, the NFL's supplier, has a ton of unsold "C. Johnson" jerseys hanging around.  The league won't let Ocho Cinco wear his legal name on the back of his uniform until the pre-produced "C. Johnson" stock dries up.  That's almost as funny as the scenario where he gets traded to a team that won't assign him "85" and he pouts and quits.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up