The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: the gooseman on September 02, 2008, 08:19:10 pm

Title: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: the gooseman on September 02, 2008, 08:19:10 pm
September 2nd 2008

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09022008

oh yuck... The 2nd row pictures were quite graphic... i thought something was going on that i really didn't need to see.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 02, 2008, 08:24:23 pm
THIS WILL NOT END WELL

Did I not tell you?  Yes I believe I told you.


addendum:  holy crap 2000 posts
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 02, 2008, 08:31:26 pm
Tina is a horrible person to have around in an emergency.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: wombat on September 02, 2008, 08:38:06 pm
No, no, the correct thread title is "Huh! How DO you clean a belly button?"

But oh god, this IS ill and WRONG and hella overstepped.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: jaydub on September 02, 2008, 09:04:09 pm
Ray has ascites.  Pass it on.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 02, 2008, 09:07:36 pm
You do NOT clean a bellybutton with a cat's clawed digit, that much is clear.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on September 02, 2008, 09:31:13 pm
So unpleasant.  Is world's stickiest song, played on ugliest guitar.

Also, Beef is not a stupid nerd. He is a very smart nerd.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Toaster on September 02, 2008, 09:41:03 pm
This line of text represents a smile-y face with his eyes hella buggin' out.

This line of text represents a smile-y face losin' his lunch.

This line of text represents a smile-y face shivering in the fetal position in the corner of a room.

The smile-y faces represent me after reading this comic.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Golfhaus on September 02, 2008, 09:53:04 pm
I find that the best way to clean a belly button is to trim your fingernail with clippers, then wait three days. After that, the nail is still sharp enough to do any scrape extraction that may be necessary, but not usually enough to make you bleed.

I apparently have a rather deep belly button. I can stick my index finger in up to the first knuckle.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: colmore on September 02, 2008, 09:58:22 pm
Ah, just what I needed today, a psychosexual nightmare vision.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: dejavroom on September 02, 2008, 10:46:02 pm
I wasn't expecting that, um, development. It's a great, um, development.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 02, 2008, 11:28:49 pm
It's the lymphatic system equivalent of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Drygioni on September 02, 2008, 11:30:15 pm
Ray you amateur. Everyone knows you stick an electric toothbrush in there. If there's anything in this world that can't be cleaned by vibration I don't want to know about it.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: CortJstr on September 03, 2008, 12:44:13 am
I have a skin tab in my belly button. It's weird, and freaky, and makes cleaning more difficult.

I love how Tina's slang is stuck in like 1993. "Ill" and "nerd" indeed.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: theinevitable on September 03, 2008, 12:49:38 am
...I don't really think about cleaning my belly button. Is this this much of an issue?

A girl I dated in high school had hell of weird belly-button issues.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Drygioni on September 03, 2008, 12:51:33 am
A girl I dated in high school had hell of weird belly-button issues.

Spill
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: Toaster on September 03, 2008, 01:54:20 am
When I found out about the lymph system, I was filled with scientific curiosity for days. It is quite amazing. It's like a little world no one knows about, like Narnia in your body.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: oball on September 03, 2008, 01:54:20 am
I got an infection in my belly button once.  It was hella gross. 

I had to clean it out with a cotton wool ball soaked in Dettol.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: theinevitable on September 03, 2008, 01:56:01 am
Quote
Spill

Not anything that interesting. She was just really grossed out by bellybuttons. No tickling near that area, no smooches in that area, etc.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: jaydub on September 03, 2008, 02:59:34 am
Not anything that interesting. She was just really grossed out by bellybuttons. No tickling near that area, no smooches in that area, etc.
A tongue in the bellybutton is a sensation not to be forgotten.

Provided it isn't your dog's.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: jay-ell on September 03, 2008, 03:11:24 am
I used to have a Thing about my bellybutton.  Loved it. 

Then the action moved South, and somehow, that little proclivity went the way of the Dodo. 

Also: When I was a kid, I was sort of fastidious about the cleanliness of my bellybutton, until my cousin told me that a guy at her high school actually turned his bellybutton inside out trying to dig around in it too much.  He had had an innie, and he made it an outie, and there was no way to put it back without, I dunno, surgery I guess. 

I left my beebo alone after that. 
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: colmore on September 03, 2008, 05:40:54 pm
A day later, I like this comic a lot a lot.

George Herriman (Krazy Kat) is one of my favorite artists because you can tell he was just having a great time doing what the hell he wanted, and he was so outside of peoples (I think even his own) ideas of what a comic strip "should" be that it was absolutely brilliant.  Webcomics are no less formulaic than comics of the teens - 40s were, and Onstad is a lot like Herriman.  Don't feel like drawing that same frame again?  OK, there's snow in the background now, and the rock formation is different.  Storylines tending toward too much romance?  No problem, one of the characters is leaking the fluid of life from his Navel.  There's a thrill to watching someone who is confident in his/her artistic freedom.

Oh and, I can't seem to get any of my comic nerd friends to get into Achewood.  It's.... kinda strange.
Title: Re: september 02 2008 - Scrut Scrut Scrut
Post by: MagFlare on September 05, 2008, 12:38:33 am
...Onstad is a lot like Herriman.

Pretty astute observation there. And like Krazy Kat, Achewood revels in its own bizarre patois.