The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Cap'n Squeakers on September 05, 2008, 06:36:52 pm
-
Are any of you San Francisco knuckleheads going to the GOF launch party (http://isotopecomics.com/communique/onstad-isotope.jpg)? I may, but I don't know how much fun it will be to spend the evening in a comic book store. Presumably there will not be drinks in case of WHOOPS I SPILLED AMSTEL LIGHT ON YOUR $86,000 COPY OF "FANTASTIC FOUR #1"
-
Come on, Cap'n, you have to go for those of us who can't. Take one for the team.
-
Are any of you San Francisco knuckleheads going to the GOF launch party (http://isotopecomics.com/communique/onstad-isotope.jpg)? I may, but I don't know how much fun it will be to spend the evening in a comic book store. Presumably there will not be drinks in case of WHOOPS I SPILLED AMSTEL LIGHT ON YOUR $86,000 COPY OF "FANTASTIC FOUR #1"
You would really have to hurl your beer pretty hard to hit any copy of FF#1. Comics shops tend to keep valuable issues high and behind the counter.
-
Sounds like a challenge!
-
That's even harder than you'd have to hurl to move a football three feet! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06082007)
-
You would really have to hurl your beer pretty hard to hit any copy of FF#1.
Believe you me, if I ever find an Amstel Light in my hand it will soon be breaking the sound barrier, heading in any direction that is not towards my mouth. And, as Wernher Von Braun would say, where they come down is not my department.
-
Believe you me, if I ever find an Amstel Light in my hand it will soon be breaking the sound barrier, heading in any direction that is not towards my mouth. And, as Wernher Von Braun would say, where they come down is not my department.
Understood. Try to hurl it at something drawn by Rob Liefeld so that your Amstel Light can do a little good before it exits this world.
-
Try to hurl it at something drawn by Rob Liefeld
Agreed. Maybe I will get lucky and hit a pouch or a badly drawn piece of anatomy. OH WAIT THAT'S ALL HE CAN DRAW.
-
Oh no, there will *definitely* be cocktails! Along with exclusive buttons and some Achewood cookies, booze is promised in the press release! Besides, who throws an Achewood event without serving Ketel One or an Orange Creamsicle Alcohol Drink, y'know? (tho I do hope no one decides to start chucking Amstel Lights around.)
- James
http://iotopecomics.com
The Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico @ Isotope
(http://isotopecomics.com/communique/onstad-isotope.jpg)
To celebrate the recently-launched THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT collection of Achewood webstrips from Dark hoss Comics the Isotope will be throwing the first invitational Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico with series creator (and male model) Chris Onstad. This event will feature free exclusive Achewood pins to attract just the right kind of loose ladies who will want you badly, handmade fresh-from-the-oven Achewood cookies delivered directly from the sexed-up Onstad household, Isotope Bartender Kirsten Baldock will be shaking and serving up a selection of Achewood themed cocktails for the booze-swilling over-21 set, and yes... that Achewood song by that awesome electro-popping indy-rocking Freezepop band will be played!
http://www.imeem.com/people/sBDnp//music/ANu9_k-P/here_comes_a_special_boy/
The Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico @ Isotope
Saturday, September 13th
8pm - Midnight
http://achewood.com
http://isotopecomics.com
-
Achewood themed cocktails.
Sounds like fun, man. Thanks for the details and really good luck on it.
Thanks!
For those booze-hounds who can't attend in person, we also have a tradition that I've kept alive since my bartending days. Pour yourself a shot, pick up your phone and give us a ring here @ the Isotope during the event, say 'hi' to Chris, and we'll pour up some shots on our end and have one with ya. And as is tradition you always just cross your fingers and hope that too many people don't call in...
Hope to see some of you fine folks there!
- James
http://isotopecomics.com
-
Is anybody going to this thing?
-
Is anybody going to this thing?
I'm hoping to. Now that I know there will be drinks (ima get me a Drink of the Future (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01092003)), the prospect of spending the evening with a room full of San Francisco's Most Sebaceous is more appealing.
-
A comic book store with a liquor license? Thats a hell of a business model.
-
I clicked through that site to this interview (http://www.planetxmagazine.com/seamonkeys.htm) with the guy who invented Sea Monkeys!