Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood is an isotope of fun  (Read 3224 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Achewood is an isotope of fun
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:36:52 pm »

Are any of you San Francisco knuckleheads going to the GOF launch party?  I may, but I don't know how much fun it will be to spend the evening in a comic book store. Presumably there will not be drinks in case of WHOOPS I SPILLED AMSTEL LIGHT ON YOUR $86,000 COPY OF "FANTASTIC FOUR #1"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:58:35 pm »

Come on, Cap'n, you have to go for those of us who can't. Take one for the team.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:00:13 pm »

Are any of you San Francisco knuckleheads going to the GOF launch party?  I may, but I don't know how much fun it will be to spend the evening in a comic book store. Presumably there will not be drinks in case of WHOOPS I SPILLED AMSTEL LIGHT ON YOUR $86,000 COPY OF "FANTASTIC FOUR #1"

You would really have to hurl your beer pretty hard to hit any copy of FF#1. Comics shops tend to keep valuable issues high and behind the counter.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:05:31 pm »

Sounds like a challenge!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:37:35 pm »

You would really have to hurl your beer pretty hard to hit any copy of FF#1.

Believe you me, if I ever find an Amstel Light in my hand it will soon be breaking the sound barrier, heading in any direction that is not towards my mouth.  And, as Wernher Von Braun would say, where they come down is not my department.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:53:41 pm »

Believe you me, if I ever find an Amstel Light in my hand it will soon be breaking the sound barrier, heading in any direction that is not towards my mouth.  And, as Wernher Von Braun would say, where they come down is not my department.

Understood. Try to hurl it at something drawn by Rob Liefeld so that your Amstel Light can do a little good before it exits this world.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

Try to hurl it at something drawn by Rob Liefeld

Agreed.  Maybe I will get lucky and hit a pouch or a badly drawn piece of anatomy. OH WAIT THAT'S ALL HE CAN DRAW.
Logged

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:26:01 pm »

Oh no, there will *definitely* be cocktails! Along with exclusive buttons and some Achewood cookies, booze is promised in the press release! Besides, who throws an Achewood event without serving Ketel One or an Orange Creamsicle Alcohol Drink, y'know? (tho I do hope no one decides to start chucking Amstel Lights around.)

- James
http://iotopecomics.com


The Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico @ Isotope



To celebrate the recently-launched THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT collection of Achewood webstrips from Dark hoss Comics the Isotope will be throwing the first invitational Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico with series creator (and male model) Chris Onstad. This event will feature free exclusive Achewood pins to attract just the right kind of loose ladies who will want you badly, handmade fresh-from-the-oven Achewood cookies delivered directly from the sexed-up Onstad household, Isotope Bartender Kirsten Baldock will be shaking and serving up a selection of Achewood themed cocktails for the booze-swilling over-21 set, and yes... that Achewood song by that awesome electro-popping indy-rocking Freezepop band will be played!

http://www.imeem.com/people/sBDnp//music/ANu9_k-P/here_comes_a_special_boy/

The Chris Onstad Achewood Orgasmico @ Isotope
Saturday, September 13th
8pm - Midnight

http://achewood.com
http://isotopecomics.com


Logged

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 08:36:51 pm »

Achewood themed cocktails.

Sounds like fun, man. Thanks for the details and really good luck on it.
Thanks!

For those booze-hounds who can't attend in person, we also have a tradition that I've kept alive since my bartending days. Pour yourself a shot, pick up your phone and give us a ring here @ the Isotope during the event, say 'hi' to Chris, and we'll pour up some shots on our end and have one with ya. And as is tradition you always just cross your fingers and hope that too many people don't call in...

Hope to see some of you fine folks there!

- James
http://isotopecomics.com
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:23:07 pm »

Is anybody going to this thing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:02 pm »

Is anybody going to this thing?

I'm hoping to.  Now that I know there will be drinks (ima get me a Drink of the Future), the prospect of spending the evening with a room full of San Francisco's Most Sebaceous is more appealing.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:21:40 pm »

A comic book store with a liquor license? Thats a hell of a business model.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood is an isotope of fun
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:20 pm »

I clicked through that site to this interview with the guy who invented Sea Monkeys!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up