The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2008, 10:03:16 pm

Title: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2008, 10:03:16 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10152008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10152008)

Is this the part where we talk about how horrible it is to go to a strip club?


[edit: it's October, not August]
Title: Re: 15 August 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2008, 10:26:29 pm
she looks grotesque, yet also sort of like T's sister.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: wombat on October 15, 2008, 10:50:26 pm
She's horrifying. She looks like she's wearing some horrible mask. Why do the eyes look so horrid and dead when other characters in the strip have the same eyes and look normal?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: rabidambulance on October 15, 2008, 10:52:29 pm
Why do the eyes look so horrid and dead...?

Because she's a stripper?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: lprkn on October 15, 2008, 11:14:54 pm
Bachelor party? That's the only way I could see one remembering the exact date. And according to the touamb calendar, it wasn't your birthday.

The last time I went to a strip club was a couple of years ago in southern California. I spent sixty bucks, and felt used. I haven't been to a place since. (Although I'm sure it doesn't hurt that the closest place to me now is over two hours away)
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2008, 11:27:51 pm
I've actually never been to one. I can't see it going well.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on October 15, 2008, 11:30:33 pm
I guess the house specialty move was to use both hands to spread their butt cheeks while grinding it in front of you and just barely nip a fingertip in and out of their asshole.

Jesus christ that is the worst thing I have read all day.  Now not only do I have this.. image in my mind but there is also a notional smell. The stink of stripper, sweaty, cosmetically bleached anus, and industrial floor deodorant is palpable.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on October 15, 2008, 11:32:03 pm
Also, is Achewood officially a furry jerk-off comic now?  And so another of the load-bearing columns of my dignity buckles and falls.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: AugustWest on October 16, 2008, 01:45:08 am

Wait a minute, maybe strip clubs are shabby and saddening!

Gee, you think?

It's been about 10 years or so for me.  Buddy's bachelor party.  Friend of a friend was a bartender (2d job while trying to get his criminal law practice going) at the biggest strip club in town.  It's amazing how invariably a strip club experience will leave you less fulfilled that when you go in.

Bartender guy is disbarred now and serving time in federal prison for his meth lab.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: dejavroom on October 16, 2008, 02:31:53 am
Art on the first panel is so good (actually, through the whole strip; very nice use of greys). I had known Connie for his customary use of high English, but I can't remember other instances of this type of lyrical prose from him ("tides of birth and grief" - but it is very lovely, to be certain.) I guess the theme of romance warrants that... this arc looks promising.

Also, I loved "silver dollar". Is this a real slang?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: theinevitable on October 16, 2008, 02:51:39 am
I was going to say facts about whether I have been in a strip club, but I think you can probably guess everything I have to say on the matter.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 16, 2008, 03:28:04 am
In what way do they mean the word "sentence"?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Golfhaus on October 16, 2008, 09:59:18 pm
I was going to say facts about whether I have been in a strip club, but I think you can probably guess everything I have to say on the matter.

Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: theinevitable on October 16, 2008, 10:47:03 pm
oh, no.

just that i would feel incredibly uncomfortable.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 16, 2008, 11:00:29 pm
Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
haha, he said ghetto blaster.

Also, the last time I was at a club in nyc, the girl giving me the business was a student at Hunter College, same year as me.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Doc on October 16, 2008, 11:25:41 pm
I've never been to a strip club, I just think that would be terribly uncomfortable and not at all sexy. It probably wouldn't ever come up if I didn't have the type of female friends that think going to strip clubs is hilarious and wacky.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2008, 12:05:26 am
Same thing with some of the whores I've chatted up, some all business, some seemed kinda happy to have some interaction normalcy in the flesh peddling grind.
I try not to talk to the prostitutes I rent. I prefer to create my own back story for them.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: theinevitable on October 17, 2008, 07:24:18 am
Quote
I try not to talk to the prostitutes I rent. I prefer to create my own back story for them.

Quote
Due to my lack of control of the means of production, I am reduced to selling my labor on the open market in exchange for currency. oh yeah, oh yeah baby. i'm gonna chart the marginal gain you've provided for me on my business class Excel.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: lprkn on October 17, 2008, 03:01:55 pm
Also, I loved "silver dollar". Is this a real slang?
I took it to mean that there was an actual silver dollar on the stage.
Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
Yes.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: CortJstr on October 17, 2008, 03:05:25 pm
So what's the deal with the youtube link in the "o" today?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Doc on October 17, 2008, 03:14:34 pm
Not sure but this comment on the video made me smile even as my heart broke:

Quote from: lucidz
Damn. As if all the people trying to be clever and funny isn't bad enough on assetbar, you're doing it here too :(

I think the consensus (as much as I hate to take the word of youtube comments) is that this is Onstad's idea of strip club music. So in our terms, this is the only song 'Stad remembers from his last drunken haze when he had to go beat strippers because his wife was in the hospital.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2008, 03:17:38 pm
What are y'all talking about?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: lprkn on October 17, 2008, 03:22:54 pm
In the strip clubs I have been to, they never played music like that. Thank God.

Yeah, I looked at the comments and decided that what happened was scientists achieved a complete and stunning assbar transplant. The sad thing is that this is a huge improvement over the stewing mass of human vitriol and stupidity usually found in that corner of the web.

So, if pretty much every guy I know thinks that strip clubs aren't that great, why are there so many of them?
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: dejavroom on October 17, 2008, 03:28:16 pm
I took it to mean that there was an actual silver dollar on the stage.

No, no, they're referring to Mr. Bear.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: CortJstr on October 17, 2008, 05:13:17 pm
What are y'all talking about?

The front page of Achewood currently says this: Big Friday strip po (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIx2X8MSZF4)sting in the mid-afternoon.

Where the o in posting is a link to a YouTube video.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: jaydub on October 17, 2008, 06:28:14 pm
Geez, Cort - you missed a perfect Rickroll opportunity there.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 17, 2008, 06:34:51 pm
Are any of you still subscribed to Theodores twitter feed or whatever? I check every morning to make sure I didnt drunk-buy it.
Title: Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
Post by: CortJstr on October 17, 2008, 06:54:13 pm
Are any of you still subscribed to Theodores twitter feed or whatever? I check every morning to make sure I didnt drunk-buy it.

I somehow missed this entirely.