Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...  (Read 6150 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:41 pm »

I've never been to a strip club, I just think that would be terribly uncomfortable and not at all sexy. It probably wouldn't ever come up if I didn't have the type of female friends that think going to strip clubs is hilarious and wacky.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 12:05:26 am »

Same thing with some of the whores I've chatted up, some all business, some seemed kinda happy to have some interaction normalcy in the flesh peddling grind.
I try not to talk to the prostitutes I rent. I prefer to create my own back story for them.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:24:18 am »

Quote
I try not to talk to the prostitutes I rent. I prefer to create my own back story for them.

Quote
Due to my lack of control of the means of production, I am reduced to selling my labor on the open market in exchange for currency. oh yeah, oh yeah baby. i'm gonna chart the marginal gain you've provided for me on my business class Excel.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 03:01:55 pm »

Also, I loved "silver dollar". Is this a real slang?
I took it to mean that there was an actual silver dollar on the stage.
Your goal would be to go in and hold up a ghetto blaster playing Peter Gabriel and march them all right outta there and into community college?
Yes.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 03:05:25 pm »

So what's the deal with the youtube link in the "o" today?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 03:14:34 pm »

Not sure but this comment on the video made me smile even as my heart broke:

Quote from: lucidz
Damn. As if all the people trying to be clever and funny isn't bad enough on assetbar, you're doing it here too :(

I think the consensus (as much as I hate to take the word of youtube comments) is that this is Onstad's idea of strip club music. So in our terms, this is the only song 'Stad remembers from his last drunken haze when he had to go beat strippers because his wife was in the hospital.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 03:17:38 pm »

What are y'all talking about?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 03:22:54 pm »

In the strip clubs I have been to, they never played music like that. Thank God.

Yeah, I looked at the comments and decided that what happened was scientists achieved a complete and stunning assbar transplant. The sad thing is that this is a huge improvement over the stewing mass of human vitriol and stupidity usually found in that corner of the web.

So, if pretty much every guy I know thinks that strip clubs aren't that great, why are there so many of them?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:28:16 pm »

I took it to mean that there was an actual silver dollar on the stage.

No, no, they're referring to Mr. Bear.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 05:13:17 pm »

What are y'all talking about?

The front page of Achewood currently says this: Big Friday strip posting in the mid-afternoon.

Where the o in posting is a link to a YouTube video.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 06:28:14 pm »

Geez, Cort - you missed a perfect Rickroll opportunity there.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 06:34:51 pm »

Are any of you still subscribed to Theodores twitter feed or whatever? I check every morning to make sure I didnt drunk-buy it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2008 - When in Sodom...
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 06:54:13 pm »

Are any of you still subscribed to Theodores twitter feed or whatever? I check every morning to make sure I didnt drunk-buy it.

I somehow missed this entirely.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up