The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: lprkn on October 31, 2008, 06:59:15 pm
-
I will be drinking a lot and dressing up with some friends as these guys:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/2004_dodgeball_wallpaper_015.jpg)
What are the rest of you party people up to?
-
I will be staying home and handing out candy.
There is a Zombie Walk in our neighborhood tomorrow night, but it looks like we are probably going to chicken out and not go.
-
Just gonna see my friend's band play in Brooklyn. I will be the Swedish chef, with authentic mustache. Right now, my mustache is sick as hell.
If I get the motivation, I'll make a plate of yarn meatballs for a prop: real cheap way to drop ball tasting jokes.
-
Im gonna be this guy: (http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/files/articles/belushi_in_animal_house.jpg)
with a Jack whiskey bottle full of diet pepsi mixed with diet pepsi. I'll enjoy watching everyone else get shit faced.
-
I am going to a party at a farm, and then a party at a house, and then a party at a "cooperative living space."
I am going to cut a chunk out of my beard and cover myself with fake blood. "I cut myself shaving."
I bought a big bottle... it is maybe half a gallon of fake blood? Maybe 1/4 of a gallon.
Certain of these parties are chosen for the presence of a certain person, we will see how it goes.
-
I'm carrying this around with me: http://twitpic.com/j5a9
And going to a bar party tonight and a house party tomorrow. Bring on the sluttily dressed womenfolk!
-
I cut myself shaving (http://-http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/2991433078/in/photostream/)
The farm party was horrifying and I left. The later parties were great, halfway through my roommate (http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/2990579535/) ripped my shirt in half.
Now I am tired from dancing and ready to sleep.
-
I'm carrying this around with me: http://twitpic.com/j5a9
Totally awesome.
I ignored Halloween, as is the custom in my country. Not entirely true, I went to the pub with some friends then two people went off to parties and a couple of us went back to my place to play fallout 3 and drink some more.
-
Little del Vacas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigfool/2989685945/
The missus took them trick 'r' treating, while I stayed home and handed out candy to the neighborhood maggotry.
-
We hung out outside in our driveway handing stuff out, then went to socialize with our neighbors, which ended up with us invited to hang out in their garage bar with some of their friends and some other neighbors. Which was a lot of fun, and made us feel like we'd gone a long way towards turning our neighbors into friends.
This could be pretty important for me, as I've been feeling hell of lonely and homesick lately, because Mrs. Haus and I have basically been hanging out with ourselves for the last year or so.
-
I had lots of compliments on my vomiting pumpkin which I stole the idea for off the internet. Then it was kidnapped! Then I found it next door, but then tonight, our other pumpkin was murdered!
After that, we took the pugs to watch the local Zombie Walk, which we were too lame to participate in, and a zombie came up to me and asked, "Are you Wombat?"
All in all, a more exciting Halloween than I had anticipated.
-
...how would someone know it was you?
Every once in a while I see a guy who knows me from The Org (http://www.zefrank.org/), and I am always kind of creeped out.
-
...how would someone know it was you?
Every once in a while I see a guy who knows me from The Org (http://www.zefrank.org/), and I am always kind of creeped out.
is the org still a thing? I used to love the shit out of watching zefrank video blogs while I was at N.Y.U. (where he was a guest professor).
-
it is not a thing anymore.
-
...how would someone know it was you?
Because I had two pugs.
-
I went to a wedding. On Halloween. Where no costumes were allowed. To protest the wedding party and immediate family all put on groucho glasses when the officiant said "husband and wife." When the couple turned around they were very confused.
-
I did not do anything Halloweenie because we've been dealing with the side-effects of my brother's radiation treatment coupled with the fact that he picked up an already wicked stomach bug at the hospital where he was treated. Yeah. Strange days indeed.
-
I went to a wedding. On Halloween. Where no costumes were allowed. To protest the wedding party and immediate family all put on groucho glasses when the officiant said "husband and wife." When the couple turned around they were very confused.
awesome
I did not do anything Halloweenie because we've been dealing with the side-effects of my brother's radiation treatment coupled with the fact that he picked up an already wicked stomach bug at the hospital where he was treated. Yeah. Strange days indeed.
not awesome. Sending good vibrations your way.
-
Since you said someone is it that it's a poster who does not wish to be revealed or are the lurkers on this board getting obsessive? How long before we see The Official Unofficial TOUAMB Message Board?
-
My Halloween costume was awesome, but so potentially offensive that I refuse to allow any internet mention of what it was. It was awesome though. I am proud of my skills.
-
My Halloween costume was awesome, but so potentially offensive that I refuse to allow any internet mention of what it was. It was awesome though. I am proud of my skills.
A conservative friend of mine dressed in doctor's scrubs with name tag that said "Dr.Obama" and covered his hands in blood. He was unable to wash the blood of the unborn from his hands.
-
My brother and his girlfriend threw a hallowe'en bash where the objective for costumes seemed to be going as the most offensive/gross thing you could imagine. He went as his girl's dumpster baby, with a 4 foot, gnarly, red umbilical cord and garbage bag diaper. She wore a white, bloodstained prom dress. Other costumes included Hitler in drag (worn by a girl), a mostly nude bodybuilder wearing a porky pig mask and the male equivalent of a pastie, a blackface Serena Williams (on a hairy, white dude), and a credible Palin. All future political careers of the attendees are up in smoke.
-
Even beyond ideology, I never got where Palin was supposed to be so attractive.
I mean, certainly, a nice body for a woman who had four kids and all that but... holy crap, I think they invented "butterface" for her particularly.
Those horribly protruding cheekbones, like some kind of horror movie creature, like the between-picture morphing between a lady and a skeleton.
Now, granted, I basically live in the epicentre for women with great bodies and strange off-putting faces but...
Yeah. For me personally, the best body in the world just doesn't make up for an ugly face. Maybe I have weird taste, I dunno.
-
I think going as Obama was an excuse to go in blackface this year. There were two at the Halloween party I went to.
-
yeah, i find palin unattractive.
I, too, have some kind of unhealthy fixation on pretty faces. I am pretty sure it is a horrible mental disease where I want to be able to look at the person I am attracted to. You know, and like... talk to them and stuff.
-
You can't look at someone who isn't pretty?
-
You can't look at someone who isn't pretty?
I guess that's why tI is always avoiding mirrors.
-
I was exaggerating? or something? I don't know what I was trying to express there.
"i care more about the face than other areas of the body" and also "I am making a joke," I guess.
-
Noted.
-
It's ok Dan I got your back. He's just saying that he don't want to bone no ugly women.
-
Wait, so is Wombat "wombat" elsewhere in the world or just on this board?
So womby, you met someone from here in the outside world? Isn't that a more momentous occasion, especially since it wasn't planned?
Maybe they were stalking you.
-
I am wombat elsewhere on the internet. This wasn't a board person.
I have met a number of people from here in the real world actually although not by accident. Carlosdelvaca and I ran into each other unexpectedly when I was working at the aquarium, but we had already met at Bobby Isoceles's beer gathering, so that doesn't really count.
I even almost met Asherdan once, but he chickened out.
-
I met Wombat once, but she forgets that we met.
Perhaps it is better that way.
-
I do not forget. We had Thai food. It rained. You gave me a little clock which I keep in my bathroom. There is a blurry picture somewhere on this board where you are holding a snake. And then later, you said on chat that I was more interesting on the board than in person.
Oh, no, I do not forget.
-
Then wombat surely must know how to pronounce "Jough." SPILL
-
Then wombat surely must know how to pronounce "Jough." SPILL
We've gone over this. It's pronounced Geraldo.
-
I do not forget. We had Thai food. It rained. You gave me a little clock which I keep in my bathroom. There is a blurry picture somewhere on this board where you are holding a snake. And then later, you said on chat that I was more interesting on the board than in person.
Oh, no, I do not forget.
This post is wistful.
-
We've gone over this. It's pronounced Geraldo.
I'm sticking with Throat-warbler Mangrove.
-
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that you were more interesting on the board than in person. That's just mean.
I do remember that you were twirling your umbrella very coolly and then totally dropped it just as you were walking up to meet me.
I met AugustWest once too, but he's definitely more interesting on the board than in person. ;)
-
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that you were more interesting on the board than in person. That's just mean.
I'm pretty sure I have it in a chat transcript. And work is sucking enough today that I might just have time to go and search for it.
I don't remember the umbrella moment, but it is a nice detail, I will have to use it for something someday.