Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hallowe'en Plans?  (Read 5037 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 01:57:03 pm »

Wait, so is Wombat "wombat" elsewhere in the world or just on this board?

So womby, you met someone from here in the outside world?  Isn't that a more momentous occasion, especially since it wasn't planned?

Maybe they were stalking you.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 02:37:22 pm »

I am wombat elsewhere on the internet. This wasn't a board person.

I have met a number of people from here in the real world actually although not by accident.  Carlosdelvaca and I ran into each other unexpectedly when I was working at the aquarium, but we had already met at Bobby Isoceles's beer gathering, so that doesn't really count.

I even almost met Asherdan once, but he chickened out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 04:35:36 am »

I met Wombat once, but she forgets that we met.

Perhaps it is better that way.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 02:25:49 pm »

I do not forget. We had Thai food. It rained. You gave me a little clock which I keep in my bathroom. There is a blurry picture somewhere on this board where you are holding a snake. And then later, you said on chat that I was more interesting on the board than in person.

Oh, no, I do not forget.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 02:56:50 pm »

Then wombat surely must know how to pronounce "Jough."  SPILL
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 03:08:45 pm »

Then wombat surely must know how to pronounce "Jough."  SPILL

We've gone over this.  It's pronounced Geraldo.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 04:38:35 pm »

I do not forget. We had Thai food. It rained. You gave me a little clock which I keep in my bathroom. There is a blurry picture somewhere on this board where you are holding a snake. And then later, you said on chat that I was more interesting on the board than in person.

Oh, no, I do not forget.
This post is wistful.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 06:16:06 pm »

We've gone over this.  It's pronounced Geraldo.

I'm sticking with Throat-warbler Mangrove.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 03:44:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that you were more interesting on the board than in person.  That's just mean.

I do remember that you were twirling your umbrella very coolly and then totally dropped it just as you were walking up to meet me.

I met AugustWest once too, but he's definitely more interesting on the board than in person. ;)

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en Plans?
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that you were more interesting on the board than in person.  That's just mean.

I'm pretty sure I have it in a chat transcript. And work is sucking enough today that I might just have time to go and search for it.

I don't remember the umbrella moment, but it is a nice detail, I will have to use it for something someday.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up