The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: wombat on November 01, 2008, 02:13:37 am

Title: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2008, 02:13:37 am
be in Brooklyn on the day of Onstad's book tour there.

I used it as an excuse to plan a trip to Brooklyn which I had been needing to take anyway for like, oh, two years or something. Now I have to decide whether to actually go and see Onstad at a comic book store.

So, whaddaya think?
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: AugustWest on November 01, 2008, 02:29:46 am
Go.  Come back and tell us about it.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2008, 03:10:20 am
Oh, sure, always thinking of yourselves. But what if the place is full of comic shop weirdos? What if I don't know what to say? What if Onstad is a dick to a stranger? What if he isn't a dick to a stranger and it's totally anticlimactic?
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: jaydub on November 01, 2008, 03:14:27 am
Bring him a music box on a silver platter.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: AugustWest on November 01, 2008, 03:32:13 am
Punch him in the stomach.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 01, 2008, 04:40:49 am
Tell him his work has changed your life and you only want a lock of his hair to complete the altar.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 01, 2008, 04:52:19 am
Get the autograph and compliment him with the caveat:

"...but I must say, I prefered your work on the Thor series to this funny animal shit, really."
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2008, 01:27:20 pm
Punch him in the stomach.

That would be cool if I had the nerve.  "And this is greetings from the rogue messageboard, sucker!"

Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: jaydub on November 01, 2008, 04:30:59 pm
Tell him his work has changed your life and you only want a lock of his hair to complete the altar.
Canned
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2008, 05:25:53 pm
Actually, I should tell him his work has changed my life and then punch him in the stomach. Who knows what I might have accomplished otherwise in the time it took to make those nearly six thousand messageboard posts?
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2008, 06:32:34 pm
"TOUAMB says... HELLO! *punches in stomach*"
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 01, 2008, 07:08:32 pm
"HOLY SHIT ITS JASON YUNGBLUTH! I LOVE DEEP FRIED! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH?"
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: Doc on November 01, 2008, 07:09:47 pm
"TOUAMB says... HELLO! *punches in stomach*"
That makes it sound like a Mafia hit. Onstad walks past a darkened alley, last thing he hears is 'TOUAMB says hello' then bang. A child in the street plays with a roller skate.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: Golfhaus on November 02, 2008, 03:10:41 am
Have him sign a roller skate, and then menacingly say, "You KNOW what this means." Then walk out, stopping once to stare him down before leaving.
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: wombat on November 02, 2008, 04:04:22 pm
I realized there is another question, one of proper attire. Should I wear my Science sweatshirt, or is that too geeky? I'm leaning towards, too geeky.

I have already decided that I am bringing the volume 1 collection for him to sign so as not to be confused with all those Johnny-come-lately GOF fans. Not that I really need anything signed since I already have signed ones, but it would be too weird to stand in line just to say hi, wouldn't it?
Title: Re: Next week I'm gonna...
Post by: theinevitable on November 02, 2008, 07:24:54 pm
don't wear your Science sweatshirt, I have been learned well that that makes you "That [Gal]."