Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Next week I'm gonna...  (Read 2391 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Next week I'm gonna...
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:13:37 am »

be in Brooklyn on the day of Onstad's book tour there.

I used it as an excuse to plan a trip to Brooklyn which I had been needing to take anyway for like, oh, two years or something. Now I have to decide whether to actually go and see Onstad at a comic book store.

So, whaddaya think?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 02:29:46 am »

Go.  Come back and tell us about it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:10:20 am »

Oh, sure, always thinking of yourselves. But what if the place is full of comic shop weirdos? What if I don't know what to say? What if Onstad is a dick to a stranger? What if he isn't a dick to a stranger and it's totally anticlimactic?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:14:27 am »

Bring him a music box on a silver platter.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 03:32:13 am »

Punch him in the stomach.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 04:40:49 am »

Tell him his work has changed your life and you only want a lock of his hair to complete the altar.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 04:52:19 am »

Get the autograph and compliment him with the caveat:

"...but I must say, I prefered your work on the Thor series to this funny animal shit, really."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:57:25 am by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 01:27:20 pm »

Punch him in the stomach.

That would be cool if I had the nerve.  "And this is greetings from the rogue messageboard, sucker!"

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 04:30:59 pm »

Tell him his work has changed your life and you only want a lock of his hair to complete the altar.
Canned
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 05:25:53 pm »

Actually, I should tell him his work has changed my life and then punch him in the stomach. Who knows what I might have accomplished otherwise in the time it took to make those nearly six thousand messageboard posts?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 06:32:34 pm »

"TOUAMB says... HELLO! *punches in stomach*"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »

"HOLY SHIT ITS JASON YUNGBLUTH! I LOVE DEEP FRIED! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH?"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »

"TOUAMB says... HELLO! *punches in stomach*"
That makes it sound like a Mafia hit. Onstad walks past a darkened alley, last thing he hears is 'TOUAMB says hello' then bang. A child in the street plays with a roller skate.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 03:10:41 am »

Have him sign a roller skate, and then menacingly say, "You KNOW what this means." Then walk out, stopping once to stare him down before leaving.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Next week I'm gonna...
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 04:04:22 pm »

I realized there is another question, one of proper attire. Should I wear my Science sweatshirt, or is that too geeky? I'm leaning towards, too geeky.

I have already decided that I am bringing the volume 1 collection for him to sign so as not to be confused with all those Johnny-come-lately GOF fans. Not that I really need anything signed since I already have signed ones, but it would be too weird to stand in line just to say hi, wouldn't it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up