The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MIXASSISEDYMN on November 13, 2008, 11:20:17 am

Title: Hi, very nice site
Post by: MIXASSISEDYMN on November 13, 2008, 11:20:17 am
Nice site. Thanks.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: Doc on November 13, 2008, 11:35:34 am
A dude should never be a spambot to strangers.

Also a dude should post spam that goes somewhere. It shows you care.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 13, 2008, 12:58:13 pm
Man, this is the sweetest spam ever.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: Doc on November 13, 2008, 01:50:19 pm
I wonder why it's only showing up in the one forum?
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: lprkn on November 13, 2008, 04:34:39 pm
As far as spam goes, I can deal with this. Compliments are always nice.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 13, 2008, 04:48:29 pm
I want to know what it said before Jough edited it.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: pmcd9 on November 13, 2008, 06:48:06 pm
I want to know what it said before Jough edited it.

It just had some links to a dead site.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: wombat on November 13, 2008, 07:14:36 pm
I just read an article in the newspaper that says that a big internet provider that generated 75% of the spam email in the country just shut down. Are the spam-sending businesses so desperate now that they are posting spam by hand on every messageboard they can find?
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: jaydub on November 13, 2008, 07:29:49 pm
What does the business plan for a spammer look like, I wonder.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2008, 02:22:01 am
What does the business plan for a spammer look like, I wonder.

1. Be a dick to millions of strangers.
2.
3. Profit!
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: wombat on November 14, 2008, 02:59:45 am
I guess 2 must be 'have a tiny percent of millions of strangers be stupid enough to buy something from spam'
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 14, 2008, 03:15:09 am
I think you're overestimating the average intelligence of internet users.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: colmore on November 14, 2008, 09:04:51 pm
I saw somewhere that the response rate for spam is something less than 1 in a million.  It's the kind of economy that only works with publication and delivery that are basically free.

Also I want to assemble a massive botnet to canvass the entire internet with complements now.
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: MrCB on November 17, 2008, 12:23:47 pm
I saw somewhere that the response rate for spam is something less than 1 in a million.  It's the kind of economy that only works with publication and delivery that are basically free.

So pretty much the same business model as web-comics then...
Title: Re: Hi, very nice site
Post by: Death Ray on November 17, 2008, 05:55:35 pm
Nice site. Thanks.

Is he both paying and receiving the compliment?