Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, very nice site  (Read 2425 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MIXASSISEDYMN

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Hi, very nice site
« on: November 13, 2008, 11:20:17 am »

Nice site. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:33:41 pm by jough »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:34 am »

A dude should never be a spambot to strangers.

Also a dude should post spam that goes somewhere. It shows you care.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:58:13 pm »

Man, this is the sweetest spam ever.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:50:19 pm »

I wonder why it's only showing up in the one forum?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 04:34:39 pm »

As far as spam goes, I can deal with this. Compliments are always nice.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:48:29 pm »

I want to know what it said before Jough edited it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 06:48:06 pm »

I want to know what it said before Jough edited it.

It just had some links to a dead site.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 07:14:36 pm »

I just read an article in the newspaper that says that a big internet provider that generated 75% of the spam email in the country just shut down. Are the spam-sending businesses so desperate now that they are posting spam by hand on every messageboard they can find?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 07:29:49 pm »

What does the business plan for a spammer look like, I wonder.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 02:22:01 am »

What does the business plan for a spammer look like, I wonder.

1. Be a dick to millions of strangers.
2.
3. Profit!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 02:59:45 am »

I guess 2 must be 'have a tiny percent of millions of strangers be stupid enough to buy something from spam'
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 03:15:09 am »

I think you're overestimating the average intelligence of internet users.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 09:04:51 pm »

I saw somewhere that the response rate for spam is something less than 1 in a million.  It's the kind of economy that only works with publication and delivery that are basically free.

Also I want to assemble a massive botnet to canvass the entire internet with complements now.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 12:23:47 pm »

I saw somewhere that the response rate for spam is something less than 1 in a million.  It's the kind of economy that only works with publication and delivery that are basically free.

So pretty much the same business model as web-comics then...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Hi, very nice site
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 05:55:35 pm »

Nice site. Thanks.

Is he both paying and receiving the compliment?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up