The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on November 21, 2008, 12:41:12 am

Title: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 21, 2008, 12:41:12 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202008)
This was worth the wait.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2008, 12:54:38 am
Having the PFAH both in dialogue and as its own standalone side-effect...

That is the kind of little touch that I love.

EDIT: side-effect? Jesus. I meant "sound effect". I'm not even high, I have no excuse.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2008, 01:09:48 am
So lovely.

This strip is exactly why we will keep coming back even if the update schedule is that he only posts a comic when the date is divisible by three and the relative humidity is above 54.6%.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2008, 02:07:24 am
She might just be removing her hat, but I choose to believe she's adjusting it so that she can march in there and get fought over properly.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Doc on November 21, 2008, 02:57:38 am
Yeah, she's just mussing the hair up a little bit, turning on the wild girl in sensible clothing thing. She knows her craft.

Also I could really go for a fine brown liquor.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: pmcd9 on November 21, 2008, 06:16:17 am
I think Connie is miffed that she wants to be fought over.

Here's some wild speculation.  Connie is going to throw her over because of their age difference and Ray is going to pick her up.  Ray may not be cultured like Connie, but he's got all that bread.  And if he can fuck like he fights there could be wedding bells ringing in his future.

I've made wild speculations before.  I should go back and check, have I ever been right?  Nah, what would be the fun in that.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: theinevitable on November 21, 2008, 06:29:50 am
triple-underlined breasts!
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 21, 2008, 06:45:39 am
I think Connie is miffed that she wants to be fought over.

Here's some wild speculation.  Connie is going to throw her over because of their age difference and Ray is going to pick her up.  Ray may not be cultured like Connie, but he's got all that bread.  And if he can fuck like he fights there could be wedding bells ringing in his future.

I've made wild speculations before.  I should go back and check, have I ever been right?  Nah, what would be the fun in that.

Technically speaking, isn't Cornelius the one being fought over?
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2008, 06:58:19 am
Well, it's complicated in this case.

On a conscious level, yes, he's trying to make sure that the girl is not going to be awful to the Corndog.

But on a deeper Smuckles level, he's trying to prove that the girl would be bad for the Corndog so that he has a defense for trying to fuck her.

"Dude, I was just taking the bullet for him! I was just doing it to break them up and save him. I was just... fuck*ng this girl for his good. That is why I fucked her. For his sake."
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Ben-San on November 21, 2008, 08:56:34 am
Technically speaking, isn't Cornelius the one being fought over?

Ray self-identifies as the group's Player. Cornelius got the stripper to go home with him, which is far more Playerly than even Ray's patented dollar-bill-fanning wrist snap (he actually patented it, he knows a guy). So Ray needs to preserve his self-image by out-impressing Connie.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Toaster on November 21, 2008, 11:01:07 pm
Polly is cool. I have felt this way since day 2.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: theinevitable on November 21, 2008, 11:08:32 pm
Quote
"Dude, I was just taking the bullet for him! I was just doing it to break them up and save him. I was just... fuck*ng this girl for his good. That is why I fucked her. For his sake."

My former best friend tried to use this on me.
"Dude, whatever, I'm sorry I hooked up with your girlfriend. But I think this should make you realize that she is a big slut, so, you should break up with her and forget the whole thing."
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 22, 2008, 02:53:11 am
Quote from: theinevitable
"Dude, whatever, I'm sorry I hooked up with your girlfriend. But I think this should make you realize that she is a big slut, so, you should break up with her and forget the whole thing."

Even as I typed it, I knew... psychically... that it would turn out to hit home, in some way, for the 'Nev.

Happened TO him, happened to a friend of his, he DID this in a moment of weakness... something.

I knew this. Psychically.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: theinevitable on November 22, 2008, 03:07:05 am
yeah, it happened.

What's funny is, it DID make me realize (eventually) that I needed to break up with her.
But it also made me realize that that guy was a selgiraffe asshole. Funny how that worked out.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Doc on November 22, 2008, 04:39:29 am
Two birds with one stone!
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 22, 2008, 07:28:25 am
So, "New Philippe strip Friday afternoon Tongan Local Time." That's a new one.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 22, 2008, 07:49:52 am
A whole new spin on "Fuck You Friday" indeed.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: wombat on November 22, 2008, 02:24:37 pm
Now it's "New Philippe strip...Saturday afternoon. (He just won't sit still.)"
 
Philippe is worth waiting for.
Title: Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
Post by: lprkn on November 24, 2008, 08:50:42 am
Two birds with one stone!

Maybe even two stones with one bird?