Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'  (Read 3070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:38 am »

Having the PFAH both in dialogue and as its own standalone side-effect...

That is the kind of little touch that I love.

EDIT: side-effect? Jesus. I meant "sound effect". I'm not even high, I have no excuse.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:22:12 am by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:48 am »

So lovely.

This strip is exactly why we will keep coming back even if the update schedule is that he only posts a comic when the date is divisible by three and the relative humidity is above 54.6%.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:07:24 am »

She might just be removing her hat, but I choose to believe she's adjusting it so that she can march in there and get fought over properly.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:57:38 am »

Yeah, she's just mussing the hair up a little bit, turning on the wild girl in sensible clothing thing. She knows her craft.

Also I could really go for a fine brown liquor.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 06:16:17 am »

I think Connie is miffed that she wants to be fought over.

Here's some wild speculation.  Connie is going to throw her over because of their age difference and Ray is going to pick her up.  Ray may not be cultured like Connie, but he's got all that bread.  And if he can fuck like he fights there could be wedding bells ringing in his future.

I've made wild speculations before.  I should go back and check, have I ever been right?  Nah, what would be the fun in that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 06:29:50 am »

triple-underlined breasts!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 06:45:39 am »

I think Connie is miffed that she wants to be fought over.

Here's some wild speculation.  Connie is going to throw her over because of their age difference and Ray is going to pick her up.  Ray may not be cultured like Connie, but he's got all that bread.  And if he can fuck like he fights there could be wedding bells ringing in his future.

I've made wild speculations before.  I should go back and check, have I ever been right?  Nah, what would be the fun in that.

Technically speaking, isn't Cornelius the one being fought over?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 06:58:19 am »

Well, it's complicated in this case.

On a conscious level, yes, he's trying to make sure that the girl is not going to be awful to the Corndog.

But on a deeper Smuckles level, he's trying to prove that the girl would be bad for the Corndog so that he has a defense for trying to fuck her.

"Dude, I was just taking the bullet for him! I was just doing it to break them up and save him. I was just... fuck*ng this girl for his good. That is why I fucked her. For his sake."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:34 am »

Technically speaking, isn't Cornelius the one being fought over?

Ray self-identifies as the group's Player. Cornelius got the stripper to go home with him, which is far more Playerly than even Ray's patented dollar-bill-fanning wrist snap (he actually patented it, he knows a guy). So Ray needs to preserve his self-image by out-impressing Connie.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 11:01:07 pm »

Polly is cool. I have felt this way since day 2.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:32 pm »

Quote
"Dude, I was just taking the bullet for him! I was just doing it to break them up and save him. I was just... fuck*ng this girl for his good. That is why I fucked her. For his sake."

My former best friend tried to use this on me.
"Dude, whatever, I'm sorry I hooked up with your girlfriend. But I think this should make you realize that she is a big slut, so, you should break up with her and forget the whole thing."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 02:53:11 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
"Dude, whatever, I'm sorry I hooked up with your girlfriend. But I think this should make you realize that she is a big slut, so, you should break up with her and forget the whole thing."

Even as I typed it, I knew... psychically... that it would turn out to hit home, in some way, for the 'Nev.

Happened TO him, happened to a friend of his, he DID this in a moment of weakness... something.

I knew this. Psychically.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 03:07:05 am »

yeah, it happened.

What's funny is, it DID make me realize (eventually) that I needed to break up with her.
But it also made me realize that that guy was a selgiraffe asshole. Funny how that worked out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20 November 2008 - Don't worry if you hear coughin' and laughin'
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 04:39:29 am »

Two birds with one stone!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up