The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on January 06, 2009, 08:41:45 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01062009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01062009)
Not as worth waiting for as some, but at least he's got it out of the way.
-
The "continuity error" bit made me chuckle for some reason.
-
Coming in 2009: TODD'S HEAD ON A PIKE! HELLS YEAH!
-
I can dig on the idea of a tiny stuffed toy demanding affection in a totalitarian manner.
It's kind of like how I wanna pick up alla the Middle East by the scruffs of their necks, spank them and say "play nice!"
-
I can dig on the idea of a tiny stuffed toy demanding affection in a totalitarian manner.
It's kind of like how I wanna pick up alla the Middle East by the scruffs of their necks, spank them and say "play nice!"
Since his "Mr. Poopytime" initiative failed, he had no choice but to escalate his cuddle plans.
-
argh! cameltoe!
Also, which Gainesville?
-
argh! cameltoe!
Thank you, sir, for drawing my attention to something which I now wish I had not seen. A tiny can of Dr. Pepper (filled with cat urine) is coming your way.
-
Well, that was certainly a comic.
-
I thought the major continuity error was Lyle driving a VW when he sports a Chevy bowtie tattoo.
-
Because I take things literally:
1) Colour of shorts
2) Button on shorts pocket
3) Flies of shorts
4) Eyebrows
5) Shades
6) Medallion
7) Watch
8) Crease in arm
9) Crease in other arm
Any more for any more?
P.S. Darlene? ( <---credit to some person on Assetbar).
-
argh! cameltoe!
Also, which Gainesville?
The not-so-classy one.
That was a heinous 'toe.
-
Meanwhile, all of you have missed the fact that Ray asked Beef about dinner plans even though he already ate a couple tacos, and Beef clearly did not call him out on this, which means it's something Ray does often.
-
Meanwhile, all of you have missed the fact that Ray asked Beef about dinner plans even though he already ate a couple tacos, and Beef clearly did not call him out on this, which means it's something Ray does often.
I read that as Ray getting ready to invite Beef to come over and eat something expensive, and then backpedaling so that he didn't appear to be someone who needed to invite someone to dinner.
A little sad that Achewood being back in full production apparently means a premium update, another fuck*ng sandwich thing (does that even count as Achewood?), and an interview.
-
A little sad that Achewood being back in full production apparently means a premium update, another fuck*ng sandwich thing (does that even count as Achewood?), and an interview.
Good sir, I'm not going to pick on you specifically, but I want to point something out:
Please look at today's comic, and maybe the last month or so of comics AT LEAST.
Then, take a look at the first few months of the comic AT LEAST.
In terms of square footage he is producing more than ever.
Not to mention, the art, although still minimalist, has more effort put into it. Hey look, shading! Fonts!
Obviously, this is a decision he has made, because I can't see him producing at a faster rate -- if anything, his rate should have slowed due to the whole baby thing, but was probably compensated for by making this his primary job -- so let's fudge it and say he is producing at about the same rate as before. Thus, he's opting for fewer releases that require more work (the mammalian birthing approach) rather than firing out a bunch of quickies (the amphibian spawning approach).
This is a decision, with its own costs and benefits associated with it, but it seems that the behind-the-scenes gear-turning is putting out the same amount of BTUs here. So, it's still quite conceivable that it's "full production" -- just with a longer time-to-return.
-
he's opting for fewer releases that require more work (the mammalian birthing approach) rather than firing out a bunch of quickies (the amphibian spawning approach).
r/K Selection Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory) as applied to Achewood. Excellent.
-
It makes sense. A fledgeling web comic, without a support structure, fan base or publishing deal is very much like a small rodent in the wilderness. An established web comic, which has seen press in major publications, been published as books, and phas enough of a fan base to have not one but TWO messageboards devoted to Aspergian dissection of its minutiae can go longer without feeding or breeding, so to speak, and thus can devote more resources toward "sentience" -- namely, AchewoodminusRay.
Example:
(http://chiaroscu.ro/rayminusray.gif)
-
Aspergian dissection
To be fair, though, we're more Aspergian and "Tha 'Bar" is more... ass burgerian.
-
have you guys seen that message board that is just one guy who posted something like 3000 messages? Only he is allowed to post in it, and he stickies some posts, locks some, unlocks some, shuffles posts between boards...
it is upsetting.
-
Dumbrella?
-
here it is. "the end of the internet." (http://tarisspeed.conforums.com/index.cgi)
-
Meanwhile, all of you have missed the fact that Ray asked Beef about dinner plans even though he already ate a couple tacos, and Beef clearly did not call him out on this, which means it's something Ray does often.
It could just be...
a continuity error.
-
here it is. "the end of the internet." (http://tarisspeed.conforums.com/index.cgi)
I... I love this. This is what the internet was made for.
-
That's one way to keep the trolls away.
-
I... I love this. This is what the internet was made for.
The words "Jough" and "asymptotic" come to mind.
-
here it is. "the end of the internet." (http://tarisspeed.conforums.com/index.cgi)
Yeah, this thing's been doing the rounds recently. I saw this blog post (http://regretfulmorning.com/2009/01/4chan-vs-digg-vs-reddit-vs-sa-forums/) today which compares comments about it from Something Awful, Digg, reddit and 4chan. Guess which group of commenters are the biggest arseholes?
-
Yeah, this thing's been doing the rounds recently. I saw this blog post (http://regretfulmorning.com/2009/01/4chan-vs-digg-vs-reddit-vs-sa-forums/) today which compares comments about it from Something Awful, Digg, reddit and 4chan. Guess which group of commenters are the biggest arseholes?
Yeah but everyone knows Digg readers are a bunch of pricks.
-
Yeah, this thing's been doing the rounds recently. I saw this blog post (http://regretfulmorning.com/2009/01/4chan-vs-digg-vs-reddit-vs-sa-forums/) today which compares comments about it from Something Awful, Digg, reddit and 4chan. Guess which group of commenters are the biggest arseholes?
I have to say, if they included YouTube they'd throw the rankings. The modern invention of compound epithets such as "Niggerjew" has allowed the YouTube commenter to push the Racial Slur to Word ratio from the before thought of limit of 1:1 to an astounding 1.25:1, except for one prodigy commenter who is currently working at 3:1, but only when you count "Faggot".