The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2009, 07:44:51 pm

Title: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2009, 07:44:51 pm
I'll bet Jough could write an application where we could have our own personal status updates on this board just like on facebook.  I say we petition him.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: wombat on January 12, 2009, 09:45:56 pm
I like this idea.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: Doc on January 13, 2009, 01:10:59 am
Quote from: JL's facebook
Someone who isn't JL has locked herself in the bedroom and is trying to work.

I didn't want to comment on Facebook because her dear sainted grandmother might be reading but given her new job.... this sentence is awesome.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jough on January 13, 2009, 01:40:35 am
How would that shit work?  Like below your avatar or something where the current board status is?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: wombat on January 13, 2009, 01:54:43 am
Hmm, good question.

Hey, and how about one of those things that posts them automatically here and on Twitter/Facebook?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jough on January 13, 2009, 02:10:30 am
Let's not get greedy, now.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2009, 02:35:44 am
While you're at it, could you work up something to tell me when I need to buy bread and milk?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jay-ell on January 13, 2009, 04:04:04 pm
I didn't want to comment on Facebook because her dear sainted grandmother might be reading but given her new job.... this sentence is awesome.

Hah!  Didn't think about it that way.  I'm writing a piece on how to properly clean and care for your sex toys, so I was actually doing research...

...but not the fun kind. 
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: CortJstr on January 13, 2009, 05:10:41 pm
Hah!  Didn't think about it that way.  I'm writing a piece on how to properly clean and care for your sex toys, so I was actually doing research...

...but not the fun kind. 

Have you looked at the toy storage cases that Regina Lynn linked to recently?

Also, clean? Isn't that what hand soap is for?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jay-ell on January 13, 2009, 06:01:44 pm
Have you looked at the toy storage cases that Regina Lynn linked to recently?

Also, clean? Isn't that what hand soap is for?

My employer sells cases, so I'm linking to those. 

And re: hand soap -- it depends what the toy is made of, and where you plan to put it. 
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: CortJstr on January 13, 2009, 06:59:18 pm
My employer sells cases, so I'm linking to those. 

And re: hand soap -- it depends what the toy is made of, and where you plan to put it. 

Well now I'm just curious.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jay-ell on January 13, 2009, 07:08:34 pm
Then you'll have to wait for the finished article. 

Also, I forgot that this part of the board is publicly viewable.  Crud. I guess the jig is up -- yes, gramma, I sometimes write about sex for money. 

That is, I write for money, sometimes about sex. 

Yeah. 
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jaydub on January 13, 2009, 09:41:02 pm
Gramma's a Touambie?  Or are you getting your Facebook posts mixed up with this place?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jay-ell on January 13, 2009, 10:59:44 pm
Neither.  I'm just paranoid that one of my cousins is going to Google me, follow a mile-long link trail, connect this board to me, and tell my (very sheltered and somewhat prudish) family that I use curse words and talk about sex with strangers on the internet. 

But just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get you. 
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: Doc on January 13, 2009, 11:14:13 pm
Yeah that had occurred to me so I tried to be indirect. Quote further modified for super-secret anonymity.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: wombat on January 13, 2009, 11:32:48 pm
Neither.  I'm just paranoid that one of my cousins is going to Google me, follow a mile-long link trail, connect this board to me, and tell my (very sheltered and somewhat prudish) family that I use curse words and talk about sex with strangers on the internet. 

Sounds like your cousins have a lot of time on their hands.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Twitters
Post by: jay-ell on January 14, 2009, 02:20:23 am
Sounds like your cousins have a lot of time on their hands.

You have NO IDEA. 

Yeah that had occurred to me so I tried to be indirect. Quote further modified for super-secret anonymity.

Awww, you're so sweet.  But I don't think it's an issue.  My cousins may be bored drama queens with nothing of consequence to occupy their time, but they're not very bright, either.  I doubt they could follow the rather indirect line and get from there to here. 

Just in case, though: I'm not talking about you, [insert cousin's name].  I'm talking about my other cousin, on the other side of the family.  You, of course, are great. 

Now stop snooping.