The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on February 25, 2009, 03:19:41 am

Title: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 25, 2009, 03:19:41 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02242009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02242009)

Felt more like an illustrated blog posting but certainly had its merits.

Weird that it was an Achewood that was "ripped out of the headlines" but there we are.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2009, 03:32:38 am
"It would literally be amazing if I was kidding." That really reminds me of something I would've said in high school.

Ray clearly has not been to the parts of the country where they cover up "racy" magazine covers in the supermarket.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2009, 03:47:47 am
Not everybody was meant for the art department at Hallmark, indeed. It must feel great to be Ray, you know?
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2009, 04:37:47 am
By considering a policeman wanting to make love to Orlando Bloom, Christoph Onstand explores the sociological ramifications of what it is like to be a man in a Post-Testicular world, if you will.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 25, 2009, 05:23:56 am
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this:  developing story. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/23/BAO416354C.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1) California is going to vote on whether or not to full out legalize the marijuana. I don't want to dredge up that old debate, but the economic implications of the reduced legal & corrections burden combined with the massive tax revenues and tourism would certainly move toward closing the Cali budget gap.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 25, 2009, 05:40:41 am
...hence why I said "ripped from the headlines".
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Choop on February 25, 2009, 07:12:36 am
$50/oz is about 12% out here. so instead of a quarter costing 60, it'd cost 72. they'd probably bump it up to 75 just to keep the numbers round, people don't want change with their purple haze
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 25, 2009, 07:45:24 am
Oh cool Questionable Catent updated again.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: robot_god on February 25, 2009, 08:59:42 am
Beef kind of drinks alot of beer in the day.  Thats one of the reasons his stomach is so bad.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: herofix on February 25, 2009, 10:30:17 am
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this:  developing story. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/23/BAO416354C.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1) California is going to vote on whether or not to full out legalize the marijuana. I don't want to dredge up that old debate, but the economic implications of the reduced legal & corrections burden combined with the massive tax revenues and tourism would certainly move toward closing the Cali budget gap.

Despite this matter being exactly as straightforward as Ray  (and you) presented it, this has virtually no chance of even coming close to succeeding.  Ten years, a strong super-majority for one party, the scrapping of California's '2/3 needed to pass a tax' law and either a change in the police union's position or a decrease in the amount that the police are fetishised, and we might possibly have a small chance.

As I understand it.

Says I.

To thee.

If you will.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2009, 10:54:39 am
No no no. Not ever in a thousand years, certainly not while people still act like 'the War on Drugs' is a rational concept. Especially if they keep acting like that when they know it's not. Admit it day is needed indeed.
If I were cynical I'd say it's this kind of hopeless proposal that politicians use to pander to certain bases just to keep joe mcvoter in the system instead of backing groups actually interested in change rather than status quo with a new slogan t-shirt. Safe in the knowledge that they won't be held accountable when they completely fail to achieve anything because no one ever expected them to anyway.


Was anyone else delighted by the ambiguity in a cop speeding 'to a crime'. As in, no specification of whether he was going to prevent or commit.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2009, 02:22:59 pm
Wait, I meant FridaySaturdayWednesdayThursday every day is Admit It Day around these parts. As long as you're admitting you're an alcoholic.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2009, 03:44:53 pm
I was hoping we were going to play "admit it day" in this thread. 

I'll start. 

George Clooney isn't that hot.  He just looks rich. 

There is really no good reason for anybody to own a Hummer. 

I eat a lot of meat because it tastes good and I'm selgiraffe. 

Deep down, I'm convinced that nobody's kids are as cute as mine. 

I'm jealous of my best friend's beautiful house and lack of crushing financial pressure even though her husband is a douchebag. 
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2009, 04:18:20 pm
Angelina Jolie isn't that hot. She just looks kinky.

I'm finding it hard to admit to myself that I'm pretty much a liberal atheist.

I want the gays to be able to marry but I worry about their kids.

A job where I surf the internet all day would make me happy.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2009, 04:45:08 pm
A job where I surf the internet all day would make me happy.

I have one of those.  Be careful what you wish for. 
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2009, 05:22:11 pm
I would love to see marijuana legalized.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: colmore on February 25, 2009, 06:10:14 pm
If pot were fully legalized, I mean, not just decriminalized, but with farmers growing it by the bushel, the FDA getting involved, and little boxes at the gas station, there's no reason to expect that it would cost much more by weight than cigarettes (taking account of the steep taxes placed on both).  Stuff is easier to grow than tobacco, and grows in a wider range of climates.  Supply would increase a lot more than demand would.  Prices would go down.  While taxation would come into effect, taxes are rarely as expensive as the "tax" of being on a black market.

As for Admit It day:

Contradicting the line I've held since I was about six, I believe in some kind of God.

Indie Rock isn't anywhere near as interesting as I thought it was, and I was a pretty silly 20 year old.

I care too much about hanging out with the cool kids.

I'm viciously jealous of and bitter toward everyone who hasn't had a major and incurable health problem take a few years away from their youth.

Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2009, 07:25:48 pm
Was anyone else delighted by the ambiguity in a cop speeding 'to a crime'. As in, no specification of whether he was going to prevent or commit.

Confused at first, but 'delighted' seems like a good alternative.

I have one of those.  Be careful what you wish for. 

Ditto. The dogs are happy, though.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: smick on February 25, 2009, 09:21:25 pm
I crave anonymous sex because it makes me feel something inside.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: jaydub on February 25, 2009, 10:26:53 pm
I crave anonymous sex because it makes me feel something inside.
Don't worry.  You can get shots for that which will clear it right up.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 26, 2009, 01:07:41 am
I crave anonymous sex because it makes me feel something inside.

Real, or "madcow hugs" ?
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: Doc on February 26, 2009, 02:22:55 am
Hugs all round I think.

I wonder if my upbringing made me unable to trust in the idea of long term relationships, as in friendships as well as romantic ones. When I think about the future I don't automatically see anyone else there with me.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: miles on February 26, 2009, 03:13:28 am
I would love to see marijuana legalized.

I'd settle for shrooms.
Title: Re: February 24th, 2009 - "nothing more than to make love to Orlando Bloom"
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 26, 2009, 08:47:35 am
All of them.  Seriously.

And gay marriage.  It is time for both.