The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on March 04, 2009, 06:03:01 am
-
about whatever the fuck that was today?
http://myspace.com/darkhosspresents?issuenum=20&storynum=3
-
you have to change hoss to hoss, or just go to achewood.
-
Next time I see someone wearing a damn shirt that says: FBI (Female Body Inspector) I'm gonna be like "stop wearing that at me."
-
Holy shit that was amazing. I noticed it cribbed from the original in a few places, yeah, but I liked it.
It was kinda surreal, though. Ray sniffing that loofah, in a party hat. Why was he in a party hat.
Straaange Trimarello should be a... what do you call it? Those things under our avatars. It should be one of those.
-
It's too bad that Myspace couldn't have presented that better. That is one of the all time best Achewoods E V A H !
I can't believe that Teodor spoke to that old farmer for a bajillion frames just so that the payoff could be that only a tool like Teodor would have spent all that time gettin' his time wasted.
And KeithHernandez - why you no put proper date and strip title on this thread? You got disease of brain or something? You spend all day smoking cigarettes?
-
Yeah, I read this again. After you get past the person herofix is emulating it is pretty good.
-
gah, stupid fuck*ng wordfilter
that said, horrible format, and the old farmer went on way too long. that could have been six other characters. nice fill, onstad. otherwise, good shit in there.
-
market forces = psychosis and trunk space.
Oh! Golden. Golden, I say!
-
"...don't do a Simpler Times in your britches" is so entering my speech.
-
This cartoon with the talking cats and stuffed animals only reinforces my low opinion of Garage Sale People.
I've been ridding myself of tons of extra crap via eBay. This is because there is a zoning prohibition in our neighborhood against garage sales (save one Saturday in May when the entire metro area descends on us to buy our overpriced castoffs) and because I have found that eBay seems to result in a higher quality of buyer than can be got on Craig's List.
Maybe I just get the impression of better quality because I get to deal with usernames, abstract feedback ratings, PayPal and the USPS vending kiosks rather than "Hey is you TV still 4 sale andd oes it come with cables for digital or NEthing?" and "I am interested in your TV set. I cannot afford your asking price but I can trade for computer hardware and software" mouthbreathers, who I'd then have to meet in person. I'm happy to pay the percentages to the middlemen for filtering out the interpersonal contact.
-
Is Onstad going to put these out in print form? This one was only meh, but I absolutely loved the first one. It was epic in the literal sense of the word. I would pay to have that on sheets of paper in my hands. Sheets of paper that didn't come out of my crappy inkjet on 8 1/2 x 11" from Staples.
-
Oh god, MySpace. I am trying just to be thankful for the reminder that there IS a worse website in the world than Facebook.
"As soon as you finish last article, magazine is enemy." I have always tried to follow that rule.
-
I take a more Lawrence Waterhouse style approach to reading magazines, as is the case for everything I read. This is because I am crazy. This leads to saving magazines.
-
Oh god, MySpace. I am trying just to be thankful for the reminder that there IS a worse website in the world than Facebook.
"As soon as you finish last article, magazine is enemy." I have always tried to follow that rule.
That's bullshit, though. Sometimes there's a crossword.
-
That's bullshit, though. Sometimes there's a crossword.
You can tear out the crossword and throw the rest away. You don't want to become one of those crazy people with piles of old newspapers and magazines all over the house, do you?
-
I save magazines for three months, as a rule, but I re-read them a few times. I'm a bathroom reader, and I keep them in a wire basket that hangs off the side of the tank. I keep a file folder where I tear out things I want to keep -- recipes, decorating ideas, how-tos.
Cooking mags I keep forever, though. The ads are like kitchen porn.
I have a lot of magazines in the house at the moment because I'm researching potential markets for my writing, so I'll keep those around until I place the piece I'm working on. Do those count as clutter if they're part of my job?
-
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/c21_Magazine-Files-Storage-Desk-Organizers_42606_Business_Supplies_10077_0_10051
if ^ then no
if scattered or stacked then yes
-
You can tear out the crossword and throw the rest away. You don't want to become one of those crazy people with piles of old newspapers and magazines all over the house, do you?
But you need the other pages to give you a decent writing surface! Otherwise you've just got a floppy scrap of newsprint that shies away from your pen like a sleepy hamster, and you make a mess off filling in seven across and it looks like you think "AGAs" is a conceivable solution to "For example, extremely gelatinous ova" and all your friend think you're a simpleton even though it was only a slip of the pen, so you're under more pressure than ever to look clever and before long you've turned into that person who just has to make a smart-arsed comment or a pedantic correction every time anyone says anything, so there's this slow build-up of emotional distance between you and everyone you love and eventually you realise you''ve forgotten how to love. You're nothing but a shattered mask with shrivelled, dried-out roses for eyes, and the brief miracle of your feeling soul has been wasted.
I mean, it doesn't take that long to finish the crossword, you can just throw it all out afterwards.
-
But you need the other pages to give you a decent writing surface! Otherwise you've just got a floppy scrap of newsprint that shies away from your pen like a sleepy hamster, and you make a mess off filling in seven across and it looks like you think "AGAs" is a conceivable solution to "For example, extremely gelatinous ova" and all your friend think you're a simpleton even though it was only a slip of the pen, so you're under more pressure than ever to look clever and before long you've turned into that person who just has to make a smart-arsed comment or a pedantic correction every time anyone says anything, so there's this slow build-up of emotional distance between you and everyone you love and eventually you realise you''ve forgotten how to love. You're nothing but a shattered mask with shrivelled, dried-out roses for eyes, and the brief miracle of your feeling soul has been wasted.
I mean, it doesn't take that long to finish the crossword, you can just throw it all out afterwards.
That is superb. Remind me to can you again in an hour or so
-
I have a lot of magazines in the house at the moment because I'm researching potential markets for my writing, so I'll keep those around until I place the piece I'm working on. Do those count as clutter if they're part of my job?
Those are OK if they are on a bookshelf like books, or in a defined pile of things to do on a desk. And I do keep the halfdozen latest issues of one magazine I subscribe to mostly as work.
Yeah, I have to have a lot of rules about this. It's a slippery slope.
And Ruta: You could buy a nice clipboard.
-
My work 'zines are indeed on a bookshelf. My non-work 'zines live in the bathroom.
Also, 'bagas, you could always put the torn-out crossword against the cover of the current issue. Personally, I don't like doing pen-and-paper puzzles in magazines anyways -- you usually have to bend pages over the spine to get to the squares on the far left and that just bothers me.
And heaven forbid they place the puzzle on the right-facing page. That's just a train wreck, right there, but I've seen it done.
-
I just canned Ruta Bagas so hard. I slammed down the penis click for that can.
I canned him right where it counts.
-
The AGA thing had me in absolute stitches.* Every time I see Ruta Bagas post I am canning him.
This is how I roll from now on.
*I get the feeling it is unintentionally brilliant however and that is what makes it sweet.
-
I save every magazine, ever. They are basically filling a shelf in my closet... actually most of them are old Rolling Stones, I can probably throw that crap-ola away.
Which mostly leads to going back and realizing that the 1 article I skipped over is the one about a band I now think is awesome. The ones I read were about utter crap.
-
Ruta Bagas, I never knew so much was at stake. Thank you for your dire warning.
-
Onstad draws so consistently mehly that I forget how raw he is when he feels like bringing his A-game design skills; look at those car lights. clever sonovabitch...
-
The first rule of customer service: set their expectations low, and then blow their asses off every once in a while.
-
I save every magazine, ever.
This is because you have not yet had your parents drive to your 1400 square foot starter home with a U-Haul filled with all the crap you left at their house when you went to college.
-
See, books are different. I'm a book hoarder. Two reasons for this:
1. I like to be able to loan stuff to people I think may like or learn from it.
2. I'm an inveterate re-reader.
-
I feel the same way about books and movies.
My DVD collection is smaller than my collection of PS2 games, which have the advantage of being plausibly "different" every time through. I have six PS2 games, counting the GTA series as three different titles.
The only books I really strive to keep are a dictionary, the coffee table version of Ken Burns' "Baseball" series, and an old copy of The Great Gatsby.
Non-cooking magazines are kept for six months on the off chance my dad will want to stop by and permanently borrow a New Yorker. Cooking magazines are kept for 12 months in three organized stacks in the kitchen. After 12 months they are raided for recipes that I actually use and the balance is recycled.
Try as we may, the newspaper doesn't seem to want us to scale our subscription back to weekends only. They know we aren't paying for seven-day delivery but the thing keeps showing up on our doorstep. I don't mind if they're doing it to keep us as ever-scarcer subscribers, but it gets my eco-panties in a bunch that they'd waste the resources on print and distribution. Papers we do get are out of the house every Sunday. If something is good in a newspaper, odds are very strong that I can bookmark it on the web version.
-
I feel the same way about books and movies.
Jesus, I wish I did. About media in general. I have well over a thousand CDs and a decent collection of DVDs. A shelf of LPs and several shelves of books. To reduce the bulk I recently bought a couple notebooks for DVDs I wanted to hang on to but don't view very often (or possibly never) and tossed out those ridiculously wasteful cases. I have cut back on acquiring new ones because I figure that with Netflix that if I want to see a movie I can just put it in the front of my queue. I also just sold a few boxes of a books to a used book dealer. I need to do that again and then make better use of the library.
But CDs/LPs ... that's a different story. I should probably get rid of a bunch, but it's hard to decide which ones.
-
Every time I see Ruta Bagas post I am canning him.
That avatar better not be from the 90th minute of the 2006 FA Cup Final, or I will de-can you once for every week Captain Fuckin' Fantastic spends in prison. First you break our hearts and then you steal our magic Israeli?
Ice cold.
More on-topically, this house is just burstin' at the seams with books and records. I even own a vinyl copy of Judy is a Dick Slap, a very fine B-side that is, too. You hear that? I own you!
-
LP's and Books are the only physical media I still have.
Those are also the ones I like the best, so...
-
Yeah, I have no desire to own movies. My friend is a movie collector, but I'd rather rent than buy any more.
Except when it comes to stuff my kids watch over & over & over&over&over&over....
That's worth owning, I guess.
-
I had Lady and the Tramp memorized at the age of 2.
Interesting note, I was playing bar trivia the other day, and one of the categories was audio clips from movies about dogs. You had to name the movie based on the clip, and I had no idea on the Lady and the Tramp one.