Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: No Thread...  (Read 5849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
No Thread...
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:03:01 am »

about whatever the fuck that was today?


http://myspace.com/darkhosspresents?issuenum=20&storynum=3
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:10:46 am »

you have to change hoss to hoss, or just go to achewood.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:25:34 am »

Next time I see someone wearing a damn shirt that says: FBI (Female Body Inspector) I'm gonna be like "stop wearing that at me."
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:35:36 am »

Holy shit that was amazing. I noticed it cribbed from the original in a few places, yeah, but I liked it.

It was kinda surreal, though. Ray sniffing that loofah, in a party hat. Why was he in a party hat.

Straaange Trimarello should be a... what do you call it? Those things under our avatars. It should be one of those.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:04:34 am »

It's too bad that Myspace couldn't have presented that better.  That is one of the all time best Achewoods E V A H !

I can't believe that Teodor spoke to that old farmer for a bajillion frames just so that the payoff could be that only a tool like Teodor would have spent all that time gettin' his time wasted.

And KeithHernandez - why you no put proper date and strip title on this thread?  You got disease of brain or something?  You spend all day smoking cigarettes?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 07:20:49 am »

Yeah, I read this again.  After you get past the person herofix is emulating it is pretty good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:06 am »

gah, stupid fuck*ng wordfilter

that said, horrible format, and the old farmer went on way too long. that could have been six other characters. nice fill, onstad. otherwise, good shit in there.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:55:50 am by Choopernickel »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:45:24 pm »

market forces = psychosis and trunk space. 

Oh!  Golden.  Golden, I say! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 04:53:10 pm »

"...don't do a Simpler Times in your britches" is so entering my speech.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 05:34:04 pm »

This cartoon with the talking cats and stuffed animals only reinforces my low opinion of Garage Sale People.

I've been ridding myself of tons of extra crap via eBay.  This is because there is a zoning prohibition in our neighborhood against garage sales (save one Saturday in May when the entire metro area descends on us to buy our overpriced castoffs) and because I have found that eBay seems to result in a higher quality of buyer than can be got on Craig's List. 

Maybe I just get the impression of better quality because I get to deal with usernames, abstract feedback ratings, PayPal and the USPS vending kiosks rather than "Hey is you TV still 4 sale andd oes it come with cables for digital or NEthing?" and "I am interested in your TV set.  I cannot afford your asking price but I can trade for computer hardware and software" mouthbreathers, who I'd then have to meet in person.  I'm happy to pay the percentages to the middlemen for filtering out the interpersonal contact.

Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 07:40:33 pm »

Is Onstad going to put these out in print form? This one was only meh, but I absolutely loved the first one. It was epic in the literal sense of the word. I would pay to have that on sheets of paper in my hands. Sheets of paper that didn't come out of my crappy inkjet on 8 1/2 x 11" from Staples.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 09:41:45 pm »

Oh god, MySpace. I am trying just to be thankful for the reminder that there IS a worse website in the world than Facebook.

"As soon as you finish last article, magazine is enemy." I have always tried to follow that rule.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 10:14:08 pm »

I take a more Lawrence Waterhouse style approach to reading magazines, as is the case for everything I read. This is because I am crazy. This leads to saving magazines.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:52 pm »

Oh god, MySpace. I am trying just to be thankful for the reminder that there IS a worse website in the world than Facebook.

"As soon as you finish last article, magazine is enemy." I have always tried to follow that rule.



That's bullshit, though. Sometimes there's a crossword.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 01:25:20 am »

That's bullshit, though. Sometimes there's a crossword.

You can tear out the crossword and throw the rest away. You don't want to become one of those crazy people with piles of old newspapers and magazines all over the house, do you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up