The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 10:03:26 am

Title: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 10:03:26 am
Link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03182009)

My favorite panel is the "Marco Polo" ones. From what best I can gather his interpretation of "Marco Polo" is him wearing a Polo shirt with what appear to be markers with O's on the tips.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 12:57:20 pm
I'm not sure what you mean about the markers, but yes, Ray wearing the polo shirt is awesome.

Or is that a "golf" shirt? I can never keep ridiculous clothing names straight. "Sport" shirt my ass.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 01:04:56 pm
Ray has a tricky relationship with knowledge, indeed.

I would have gone with the thread title "Now you talkin' with bacon," but I understand why that was not an option for Bobby.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: Doc on March 19, 2009, 01:15:51 pm
This one didn't do a lot for me. I think it's me though, everything is there I just can't.... nope.
 I'm with Wombat on the title though.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: jay-ell on March 19, 2009, 05:08:31 pm
Is this the thread where I comment on Wombat's new avatar?  Or has someone else done that elsewhere already? 

I miss the furry mammal. 
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 05:36:11 pm
I think the mammal will come back - I like the way the new one looks next to the post, but I want the pug back at the top of the page where I see it and no one else does, and there's no way to have them different.

But, you know, this is the thing. Once a person realizes that they can change their avatar.... it's a slippery slope.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: ananke on March 19, 2009, 06:45:18 pm
My favorite panel is the "Marco Polo" ones. From what best I can gather his interpretation of "Marco Polo" is him wearing a Polo shirt with what appear to be markers with O's on the tips.

Do you mean his manacles?
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: Dangermoose on March 19, 2009, 11:31:55 pm
His shackles are so poorly conveyed.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: ananke on March 19, 2009, 11:39:11 pm
It's not the first (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01152007) time (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01172007) we've seen them.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: iron_felix on March 20, 2009, 02:55:03 am
I didn't think bein' all historical (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01272005) had ever been much of an issue for Ray.  He also seems to have forgotten how badly his past experience (http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_archive.html) with recreating Jimi Hendrix went.
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: Dangermoose on March 20, 2009, 04:24:02 am
It's not the first (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01152007) time (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01172007) we've seen them.

Maybe not, but from now on when I see them I will think, "Marker O's!"
Title: Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
Post by: Bimmicus on March 20, 2009, 10:41:37 pm
My eyes slid over this comic like it was made of Teflon.