Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319  (Read 3031 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:03:26 am »

Link

My favorite panel is the "Marco Polo" ones. From what best I can gather his interpretation of "Marco Polo" is him wearing a Polo shirt with what appear to be markers with O's on the tips.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:57:20 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean about the markers, but yes, Ray wearing the polo shirt is awesome.

Or is that a "golf" shirt? I can never keep ridiculous clothing names straight. "Sport" shirt my ass.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 01:04:56 pm »

Ray has a tricky relationship with knowledge, indeed.

I would have gone with the thread title "Now you talkin' with bacon," but I understand why that was not an option for Bobby.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 01:15:51 pm »

This one didn't do a lot for me. I think it's me though, everything is there I just can't.... nope.
 I'm with Wombat on the title though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:08:31 pm »

Is this the thread where I comment on Wombat's new avatar?  Or has someone else done that elsewhere already? 

I miss the furry mammal. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 05:36:11 pm »

I think the mammal will come back - I like the way the new one looks next to the post, but I want the pug back at the top of the page where I see it and no one else does, and there's no way to have them different.

But, you know, this is the thing. Once a person realizes that they can change their avatar.... it's a slippery slope.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 06:45:18 pm »

My favorite panel is the "Marco Polo" ones. From what best I can gather his interpretation of "Marco Polo" is him wearing a Polo shirt with what appear to be markers with O's on the tips.

Do you mean his manacles?
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 11:31:55 pm »

His shackles are so poorly conveyed.
Logged

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:11 pm »

It's not the first time we've seen them.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 02:55:03 am »

I didn't think bein' all historical had ever been much of an issue for Ray.  He also seems to have forgotten how badly his past experience with recreating Jimi Hendrix went.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 04:24:02 am »

It's not the first time we've seen them.

Maybe not, but from now on when I see them I will think, "Marker O's!"
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Alright China, you drive a hard bargain. 20090319
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:41:37 pm »

My eyes slid over this comic like it was made of Teflon.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: [1]   Go Up