The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on March 24, 2009, 05:03:21 pm

Title: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: ananke on March 24, 2009, 05:03:21 pm
This (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03232009) gave me a few chuckles until the last panel, which just kills. I really like the idea of "retox".
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 3
Post by: wombat on March 24, 2009, 05:08:46 pm
I would have gone with "Jesus Vlad uh I ain't even sat down yet," but it's a tough choice.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 24, 2009, 05:16:28 pm
My friend used to say that he was an asshole while sober so the doctors put him into retox.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: CortJstr on March 24, 2009, 05:18:22 pm
Vlad is going old school with the big mic and smoking on the air.

Wombat, that would be a great thread title, but as the final line I'd DQ it.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 24, 2009, 05:30:56 pm
The cartoonist mocks the ceaseless Internet bitching about his prolonged absences.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 3
Post by: wombat on March 24, 2009, 05:47:04 pm
That reminds me. From toothpastefordinner Drew's blog:

Quote
Superpoop updates four times this week (Tuesday thru Friday.) I figure if I start updating Superpoop inconsistently it'll win some webcomic awards. Wish me luck.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: jaydub on March 24, 2009, 08:02:47 pm
Great monologue from Vlad.  Although I'd quibble over the shekel/kopeck usage.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 3
Post by: jay-ell on March 24, 2009, 10:36:55 pm
nothin' but love for this strip. 

I love it so much, I want to adapt it for the stage. 
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: dejavroom on March 24, 2009, 11:09:48 pm
Achewood has so many great characters Chris doesn't eve use that much... It's a crime, really.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 24, 2009, 11:20:23 pm
Achewood has so many great characters Chris doesn't eve use that much... It's a crime, really.

PAUCITY OF POSTING IMMEDIATELY OBSOLETE
NEW GRIPE: CHARACTER UNDERUTILIZATION
PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: Dangermoose on March 24, 2009, 11:50:41 pm
PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK

When the hell are we gonna get the story of Chucklebot?  I don't even know if he's still rocking dude's cans!  He was into that way before Pat.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: dejavroom on March 25, 2009, 12:24:30 am
I mean, Little Nephew is fuck*ng dead in some sort of limbo, for Nice Pete's sake.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: Doc on March 25, 2009, 01:19:01 am
I've got mad love for 'The Brooding Prince of Denmarkup language.' but I do love a pun.

I really like old school smoking on the air Vlad too, Wombat. It's just exactly right.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: AugustWest on March 25, 2009, 01:59:02 am
PAUCITY OF POSTING IMMEDIATELY OBSOLETE
NEW GRIPE: CHARACTER UNDERUTILIZATION
PARADIGM SHIFT IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE MARK

Tomorrow: Chicken.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: miles on March 25, 2009, 02:22:43 am
Vlad is going old school with the big mic and smoking on the air.

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Donald_Fagen_-_The_Nightfly.jpg)

Also, Beef's line is perfect.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 32409
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 25, 2009, 02:35:51 am
Please respect the seven-second delay we use.
Title: Re: Chris is not first man to lose mind on diet of white wine and car payments 3
Post by: Bimmicus on March 25, 2009, 05:52:12 am
FUCK these people who want me to make a comic. FUCK them.