The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on April 20, 2009, 12:55:12 pm

Title: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on April 20, 2009, 12:55:12 pm
So excellent.  Can anyone with better computer skills whomp up an application where we can rotate the panels like a slot machine so as to come up with random combinations of panels?

Cause that would be cool.

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet... (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04202009)
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Doc on April 20, 2009, 12:58:27 pm
I'm glad I didn't scan down the poem before I read it, it didn't even occur to me it would follow Beef's usual poetry slam format and I was the better for not knowing.
Would read again.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on April 20, 2009, 01:19:38 pm
Saturn guy in panel 2 looks too much like me for comfort.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: lprkn on April 20, 2009, 05:50:30 pm
All voices of elders
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Toaster on April 20, 2009, 06:51:00 pm
I never glance ahead when I read things, because of pleasant surprises like this.

When I am buying a book, I only ever read the back cover if I'm trying to decide whether or not to read it; I figure, If I'm already going to read it, than why do I need it spoiled?

Wow, we got a fancy color strip without even a long wait. Did he make a buffer?
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on April 20, 2009, 07:33:26 pm
The coprophiliac fantasy buffet...

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet that uses taco shells.  The vivid word-picture this paints in my mind may the most horrifying thing I've encountered in weeks.  A big ol' sloppy taco, all filled to the brim with Pewp[tm] (vegan fantasy poop substitute, guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad), garnished with chopped iceberg lettuce and hard , reddish tomato cubes.

Zesty!
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on April 20, 2009, 08:15:05 pm
The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?

http://www.wtop.com/?sid=1651782&nid=456
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: wombat on April 20, 2009, 08:59:58 pm
The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?

wow, that is the saddest thing on many levels.

Also, Cap'n Squeakers is coming perilously close to committing fanfic, I think.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: jaydub on April 20, 2009, 09:21:21 pm
The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?
Setting themselves up for 16 hours of gastrointestinal distress, I'd say.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on April 21, 2009, 12:53:22 am
Calling all Cars!  Calling all Cars!

Be on the lookout for Jim Gaffigan!
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2009, 12:56:16 am
Calling all Cars!  Calling all Cars!

Be on the lookout for Jim Gaffigan!

Hooooot Pockets!
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 21, 2009, 02:33:12 am
Meme Pockets.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 21, 2009, 09:07:18 pm
Hooooot Pockets!

I'd rather have a failure pile in a sadness bowl, thanks.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: pmcd9 on April 22, 2009, 08:25:37 am
Patton Oswalt is frikkin' hilarious.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 22, 2009, 05:29:57 pm
The coprophiliac fantasy buffet that uses taco shells.  The vivid word-picture this paints in my mind may the most horrifying thing I've encountered in weeks.  A big ol' sloppy taco, all filled to the brim with Pewp[tm] (vegan fantasy poop substitute, guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad), garnished with chopped iceberg lettuce and hard , reddish tomato cubes.

Zesty!

Can'd for "Pewp[tm]" and "guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad."  Although, would vegans need a poop substitute?  I am not aware of vegan rules for consuming waste products of living creatures.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on April 22, 2009, 08:58:05 pm
Can'd for "Pewp[tm]" and "guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad."  Although, would vegans need a poop substitute?  I am not aware of vegan rules for consuming waste products of living creatures.

It's an animal product, yeah?  An animal would have to be fed and kept in a place where it can be collected, so it seems that a substitute would be in order.  It's like an egg but different.


I am glad to be answering this question, internet.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: miles on April 23, 2009, 12:11:55 am
It's an animal product, yeah?  An animal would have to be fed and kept in a place where it can be collected, so it seems that a substitute would be in order.  It's like an egg but different.

Does a bear shit in the woods?
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on April 23, 2009, 04:46:15 am
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Well yeah, and I can picture dudes out in the woods all gathering bear shit at peak season like mushroom hunters.  Michael Pollan writing a new foreword to Omnivore's Dilemma, etc. 

But I think your given vegan, once they decide to do that to themselves, won't even go for the wild version of any animal product they don't eat anymore.  I mean, I haven't looked, but I haven't found, either, a vegan who's into quail eggs.

By the way, did Onstad coin new slang with "vegulon"?  Check out the Google search -- lots of casual use there without reference to Achewood.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on April 23, 2009, 08:32:35 pm
Hmm, crapped acorns ... you know, there's that one variety of coffee that is pooped by civet cats before being consumed ... it's not a huge leap.
Title: Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
Post by: jaydub on April 23, 2009, 09:19:09 pm
Do you get it at SARSbucks?