The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: dejavroom on July 18, 2009, 01:32:31 pm

Title: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: dejavroom on July 18, 2009, 01:32:31 pm
How do I even know what's going on anymore? (http://achewood.com/index.php)
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: CortJstr on July 18, 2009, 04:02:17 pm
I don't understand what Ray's getting at here even a little.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 18, 2009, 07:19:59 pm
I don't understand what Ray's getting at here even a little.

They're doing their research. The implication is that lesbians drive ugly cars and hoard dogs.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: Choop on July 18, 2009, 08:18:02 pm
and want to vacation where their parents backpacked, and eat food that nobody knows or desires
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: wombat on July 18, 2009, 10:41:09 pm
I am enjoying the logical impossibility of the prize of becoming the founder of Williams-Sonoma.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: theinevitable on July 18, 2009, 10:50:56 pm
this connects to my desire to do a study of the reasoning that goes into lesbian haircuts. (Ethnographic Study of Lesbian Haircut Ideologies). "I kind of want to look like the fifth element guy (http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040603/115759__fifth_l.jpg), or an 80s pop star. please."
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: dejavroom on July 18, 2009, 11:42:18 pm
Just don't, and let's say that you did. (http://www.amazon.com/History-Lesbian-Hair-Mary-Dugger/dp/0385480377)

(http://12.media.tumblr.com/Re8LABwxdppk2rxxosubt94ro1_400.jpg)
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: Toaster on July 19, 2009, 12:03:10 am
She looks better that way.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: jaydub on July 19, 2009, 01:28:28 am
the fifth element guy

I'm glad you clarified with the link, because I've never seen a lesbian with this 'do :(http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:vaa27FH-mQvCvM:http://www.avatarimage.net/gallery/albums/The%2520Fifth%2520Element/thumb_movie_the_fifth_element_ruby_rhod.jpg)
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: Doc on July 19, 2009, 02:14:09 am
I must still be sick because I spent about five minutes trying to work out how Bruce Willis could be a lesbian icon before I remembered Gary Oldman.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: wombat on July 19, 2009, 02:16:57 am
She looks better that way.

I had the exact same thought.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: robot_god on July 19, 2009, 03:56:51 am
Grace Jones, will you take my hand in holy matrimony?

Ms. S. shows up for the event;  a mother just knows.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 19, 2009, 06:48:34 am
Quote from: theinevitable
this connects to my desire to do a study of the reasoning that goes into lesbian haircuts.

I always thought that it was that lesbians noticed that the guys with the hottest girlfriends are hockey players and so...

Ergo, any sort of haircut a hockey player a hockey player would have is rad.

It is not an entirely flawed logic.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: theinevitable on July 19, 2009, 07:55:26 am
it is weird to me how in some areas of the US there are stereotypes about hockey players.

other than, you know, "yankees."

or "canadians."
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: Toaster on July 19, 2009, 08:06:28 am
I used to have a rant about how I'm supposed to be playing hockey at Princeton. But I have retired that rant because I am less angry than I used to be.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 19, 2009, 08:51:19 am
Quote from: theinevitable
it is weird to me how in some areas of the US there are stereotypes about hockey players.

Shit, the Utica metroplex... such as it is... from which I was spewed is one of the few places in the world where there isn't socialized medicine and people give a fuck about curling.

Also: bocce and lacrosse.

All sorts of weird overemphasis on not-even-tertiary athletic endeavours.

Before the economy got really really bad, they supported the highest level of minor-league hockey despite an utterly tiny population. I'm pretty sure scenes from Slapshot were filmed at the Syracuse War Memorial and the Utica Aud. Ah, the fights you'd get, life-long AHL stall-outs, trying to just pummel their way into the lucrative role as an enforcer in The Bigs. Holy hell.

The arguement can be made that high-minors hockey is the most purely entertaining form of that sport.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: miles on July 19, 2009, 01:57:51 pm
Shit, the Utica metroplex... such as it is... from which I was spewed is one of the few places in the world where there isn't socialized medicine and people give a fuck about curling.

Also: bocce and lacrosse.

All three of those sort of exist here in Utah. Lacrosse largely among wealthy Catholic school attending kids, bocce among Italian Americans trying to be more Italian without the usual stereotypes, and curling mostly in my mind after attending an event at the 2002 Winter Games in Ogden. There's even a curling club in Ogden I have thought about hooking up with, but, you know.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 19, 2009, 02:03:39 pm
I think I could play curling at a gold medal level today.  Seriously, I haven't lost a game of shuffleboard in years.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: pmcd9 on July 19, 2009, 04:03:13 pm
I was surprised to find curling in Houston (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/462151979/).
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2009, 04:32:28 pm
I think I could play curling at a gold medal level today.  Seriously, I haven't lost a game of shuffleboard in years.

My grandfather payed his way through college hustling shuffleboard. The kind you play in bars on a hardwood table, not the old ladies on cruiseships kind.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 20, 2009, 05:45:36 am
the fifth element guy (http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040603/115759__fifth_l.jpg)

zorg.  he always reminds me of davey havok.

(http://api.ning.com/files/lTX0CbvjdJ*xMFbRs19QjAMZqHu0IcRaWBs91QLYW*Q_/DaveyHavok_Grani_8877806_400.jpg)
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: pmcd9 on July 20, 2009, 05:47:12 am
Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: dejavroom on July 20, 2009, 12:17:48 pm
Ray will cheat. He doesn't have the chops, so a bear in an elephant costume will do the winning. Or maybe Pat [strained line of reasoning that would allow me to finish off with] "Williams-Sodoma", right guys.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: pmcd9 on July 20, 2009, 09:09:54 pm
Ray is going to send in Cornelius.
Title: Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
Post by: pmcd9 on July 21, 2009, 12:36:29 am
Nobody can stay mad at Ray.  And this is worth a hell of a lot more than a hundo.